Less than a month away, and I think I have snapped.
I can get the Trooper together, and it passes inspection, I am going to bring it for it's first outing. I am most likely biting off more than I should, and this could end badly, but that is my goal. This also will mean that I will have to rough it and do some cold weather camping. Really not sure about that part, but first I have to get the rear brakes finished (parking brake cables are seized and one caliper seems shot) and it should pass inspection. It seems to hold all its fluids other than the leaking caliper, and it is running well, now that I have run a few tanks of fuel through it. I have all the parts to finish it, and hope to knock it out Monday.
I also got a new stereo for it for Christmas, so I won't have to listen to the sound of wind for the 3 hr drive up there. I might even try to talk Smitty into driving the Heep up since I will be in the Trooper. He might be able to keep up!
Come to think of it, we both will have the same size engine, and will both be on stock tires. I could be a good comparison, if his will stay running right (intermittent miss). This is a last minute change, so I am going to have to scramble to reorganize, but all will hinge on the Trooper this coming week.