Isuzu SUV Forum banner

So Shaggy and Hack have an idea for Feb 5th 2017

7K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Hack 
#1 ·
So Shaggy and I have an idea for Feb 5th. :shock: :shock: Yes I know, Shaggy and I coming up with an idea is scary. Why is it in the uhwarrie forum? Why is it for Feb 5th, isn't that the day the 2017 Superbowl will be held? Have you guys lost your minds? The answers are it has to be, yes and maybe.

So the idea is "why not hold a Superbowl party at Arrowhead Campground?" Sure the trails will be closed, but the campground and the range will be open.

TV reception won't be problem. At my last trip to Fort Federick, I actually watched the MNF game on NFL Mobile with my iPhone. I had a 4g signal at Arrowhead during the Hallowharrie run and can connect my iPhone to a LED projector with AppleTV. So we will be able to see the game like an old fashion drive-in.

We can keep the food simple, standard tailgating fare (e.g., chips and dip, wings, dogs and sausage) cooked over a fire.

The average temps in Feb are just 8 degrees colder than in November, so that shouldn't be much of an issue especially if we keep a good fire going. Precipitation could be an issue if for no other reason than it could block the TV projection onto the screen, but we can deal with that if we have enough shelters.

The biggest issue that we see is that some will have to go to work the following day, so we will be limited to NC locals and those who are either retired or have some flexibility in their work schedules.

So what does everyone think? Have Shaggy and I lost our minds or is this a viable concept?

See less See more
Reactions: shaggydoink
#3 ·
:wink: Now that is more like it! I'll take the vote of approval. As for the blown mind, that is to be exoected; I did live through the 60s.

#5 ·
MarcusInMD said:
There will be 8" of snow on the ground in Uwharrie on that date. 8)
8) I'll have to bring my snow skis and take a run down Dutch John. Only problem that I see is getting to the top since the trails will be close to vehicular traffic. :lol:

Reactions: MarcusInMD
#8 ·
So I am having Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's and she does not have regular tv service. So I have to try out the NFL Mobile option. Hooked my 4g tablet to her projection tv via an HDMI cable and am now watching the pregame show. This will work!

#10 ·
All folks are cray-cray

Let's see what the weather holds for that weekend :mrgreen:

#14 ·
I really don't think we will have trouble finding sites. No need reserve early.

#15 ·
Mario, is the bath house open in winter or do they shut off water?

#16 ·
No idea. We assumed it will be open but have never been there in the winter.

#18 ·
Range is open year around. I could talk to Scott Fields which is a close friend of mine about maybe putting something together on the private property he manages (Big Creek) if you guys want to wheel. Just figured I would throw that thought out there for ya guys.

#19 ·
I am not sure about wheeling. I was planning on hitting the range and then chilling.

#20 ·
I can't wheel until my frame gets fixed, so if I made it out it would be to empty some brass and grab some grub at Zeno's....maybe stop on top of Morrow Mountain too.

#21 ·
Exactly. I really don't want to do any wrenching in the cold! The idea is just to hang with friends, do some shooting and maybe hit Zenos on Sat. Then have a good time watching the game on Sunday. Maybe cook some chili in a crock pot and grill some wings and hot smokes?

#23 ·
I believe it is a go even if it is just Shaggy and me. I picked up a projector that connects to my tablet. My tablet gets NFL mobile. Shaggy is bringing the screen. so that covers the game. I plan to bring a bag of wings and some other stuff to put on the grill for tailgating.

I am thinking that we should just get one of the double sites and all crash there. Since the trails will be closed we don't have to worry about blocking someone. Also, it is unlikely that anyone will have to make an ice run.

My plan is to arrive on Friday. Hit the range on Sat. Set up the drive-in and watch the game on Sunday. And leave on Monday.

#24 ·
We are planning on bring camper, so we can bring tv for outside showing which You can project on to it if we can pick up air antenna channel we could watch game on it.

We are planning to arrive Friday afternoon and go home on Monday too. Are you planning to wheel at place across from Eldora outpost?

Planning on pepperoni pizza dip and buffalo chicken dip. Might do some pretzels. Still deciding. Maybe sliders of pulled pork.?

Ice run maybe necessary since it is 74F today as opposed to 9F.

#25 ·
No wheeling for me.

#26 ·
Just got some bad news from Shaggy:

shaggydoink said:
Hey Mario. I tried to weasel my way out of going up to Rochester on Monday morning but wasn't successful, so afraid I won't be able to swing this shindig.
So Shaggy is out. I am still waiting on JoeD to get the Amigo running (the Trooper has a tranny issue with the solenoids). So I am beginning to believe this may not happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.