Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Most recent posts are gone

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  mudoilngears 
#1 ·
Site's been giving MySQL error all morning, don't know what's going on... Just checked, and two posts I made today are gone.

#2 ·
Yeah, those errors indicated that a table was corrupted. Normally, it can be fixed with a simple "repair" command. However, in this case, the the repair failed. When that happens, I don't know of anything else than to restore a good backup of the table. When you do that, there are at least three distinct negatives. First, you effectively discard all posts since the backup was taken; second, you orphan any attachments that were with those posts; third, the posts are out of sync with metadata contained in other tables (we're seeing this). My guess is that the most recent good backup wasn't very recent. :(

Posts that were created since the restore (such as the ones in this topic) are unaffected, unless another restore happens.

Jack

#3 ·
I see my first post of this topic has disappeared, so that confirms they're still doing restores. Topics are gonna be really confusing if this keeps up.

Tech people--
You really ought to put the site into maintenance mode until you get this fixed.

Jack

#4 ·
So, my question is for AG_Admin:
Will the missing posts be restored? For example, this topic says that I started it, but the first post is by mudoilngears. The "Re:" in the Subject line indicates that there was at least one prior post. I'm 100% sure this topic was not the only one affected.

Jack

#5 ·
AG_Admin Seems to be AWOL... I'm scared to post anything that takes any effort, lest I loose my work...

#6 ·
mudoilngears said:
AG_Admin Seems to be AWOL... I'm scared to post anything that takes any effort, lest I loose my work...
You could type it out, copy and waste it to word document or another service like that, then post it. Then if the post doesn't go through, you still have it and don't have to retype it. Just an idea that has helped me!

#7 ·
I've had a similar strange issue with a few threads. They show up in my "view your posts" list as having a new post, and when I click the view new post icon beside the thread title, it redirects me to another thread. They always show having a new post now, even though the last post was on the 19th, and it's the same wrong threads I get redirected to whenever I click them. AG_Admin was good about responding to my PMs about the issue. The problem hasn't happened with any other threads, so it seems like something happened on the 19th that shook loose a few bugs.

#8 ·
SuperTroop95 said:
mudoilngears said:
You could type it out, copy and waste it to word document or another service like that, then post it. Then if the post doesn't go through, you still have it and don't have to retype it. Just an idea that has helped me!
That works, only trouble is, you still have to reupload pictures and that sort of thing...

#12 ·
When I couldn't open any posts, I copied the answer and pasted it in an e-mail addressed to the address listed in the answer. It was returned as undeliverable.

#15 ·
Yes, quite old.... And some of the older posts, that had been restored, are now gone again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.