Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Oh boy!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DSUZU 
#1 ·
I don't think I can say I'm glad Trump won the election. But I sure am glad Hillbillery lost.

Now we get to do something different for a while. Probably not a bad thing. What we've been doing for so long isn't working anymore.

#2 ·
I was surprised that this topic didn't come up earlier. On the other hand, this election has been so volatile. My own daughters bought the lies (and maybe "some" truths, and voted for Hillary. They were VERY disappointed. Myself, it wasn't so much a vote FOR Trump as it was a vote AGAINST what has been in office way too long. As for Trump, the one thing I DO like about him is he wasn't a "part of either side" before the election. He might surprise us.
This morning, as I told many before the election, I noticed that the sun still did come up. It would have if Hillary had won.
Now is the time for folks to start working together for the good of this country. I told my wife this morning: "Many high profile individuals have said that if Trump wins, they'll leave the country. I'm thinking about mentioning this in an editorial in the paper and adding 'I have a pickup truck and a trailer, give me a call". Dennis

#3 ·
DSUZU said:
I was surprised that this topic didn't come up earlier.
I waited. Didn't want to be the first and possibly be labeled a gloating, bigoted, bitter clinger. There are some people on social media who are very confused and angry and very eager to display their chapped tushies by lashing out.

#5 ·
I do have a couple of serious questions about last night.

After which state's results did she start drinking/throwing F bombs?

And after she refused/was too drunk to concede last night... did Podesta and Kaine use Rock, Paper, Scissors or a coin toss to decide who did it?

OK, 3 questions...
All of those corporations and foreign dictators that "donated" money for future bidding rights to US policy... will they be asking for a refund?

I'm just glad it's finally done. Except for listening to the pundits as they wonder Why? Why? WHY? Some of the reasons they believe Trump won just blow my mind. They're trying to figure out what combination of Hate/Sexism/Racism fuels all Trump supporters.

The media and liberals in general.. Just. Don"t. Get. It.

The entrenched government elites and the hordes of lobbyists, activists, corporatists, lawyers... etc... that have been feeding off of the bones of the Republic and manipulating us into providing them a better buffet... They DO get it.
... Let the Festivities.... BEGIN!

#6 ·
I just guess the majority of us are ... DEPLORABLE. It's almost like the race was more about the person than the party or politics. Dennis
Oh and I forgot this delicious tidbit:
My wife has worked in the elections for about 5 years now. Yesterday this young 20 something gal walks in and says she can't find her candidate on the ballot. "Are you doing a write in?" "No, I want to vote for the candidate, but they are not on the ballot." "Who is the candidate?" "Bill Clinton". Attention to detail. True story.

#7 ·
I, too, was surprised. Surprised that this topic wasn't mention before and surprised that Trump won. I have been pondering the reasoning why all of the polls were telling us Hillary would win, but then this happened. I think the viciousness of the left's response to ANY support for a differing view left many of his supporters silent until they spoke with their vote. I heard the local talk radio guy say that he supported Trump but wouldn't put a sticker on his vehicle because he like his car and didn't want it to get vandalized. It would have been impossible to be a proud supporter of his during this election and not have received ridicule or a loss of friends. That is why I think most of his supporters were mum leading up to yesterday.

I'm happy that I supported Gary Johnson. No regrets there.

#8 ·
Gary Johnson here too. I did my duty and slept well.

As I explained to my son. "What happens when someone calls here to do a poll or anything else?" Son says, "You tell them to F-off." I respond, "Exactly!" There are millions of us out there that hold our own opinions and don't give them to pollsters or anything else they can measure. We represent a huge portion of the population and we have been sick as dogs since this mess started and it looked like Bush vs Clinton. We all looked up just long enough to say "These clowns again? You're kidding right? F 'em all. Then got back to taking care of business. We've had it with business as usual. And tired of paying the bills. And that is the big surprise neither side gets! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trump is basically an independent who was smart enough to know he had to align one way or the other to have a chance.

I personally think that if this hadn't been made out as such a do or die election both Gary Johnson and Jill Stein would have done better. I know several who would have voted for them but were afraid to. Have to vote against the enemy. Whichever enemy was theirs to fear.

#9 ·
Von said:
I do have a couple of serious questions about last night.

After which state's results did she start drinking/throwing F bombs?

And after she refused/was too drunk to concede last night... did Podesta and Kaine use Rock, Paper, Scissors or a coin toss to decide who did it?

OK, 3 questions...
All of those corporations and foreign dictators that "donated" money for future bidding rights to US policy... will they be asking for a refund?

I'm just glad it's finally done. Except for listening to the pundits as they wonder Why? Why? WHY? Some of the reasons they believe Trump won just blow my mind. They're trying to figure out what combination of Hate/Sexism/Racism fuels all Trump supporters.

The media and liberals in general.. Just. Don"t. Get. It.

The entrenched government elites and the hordes of lobbyists, activists, corporatists, lawyers... etc... that have been feeding off of the bones of the Republic and manipulating us into providing them a better buffet... They DO get it.
... Let the Festivities.... BEGIN!
There's a reason only 4% of the folks in Washington voted for Trump. There all on the government payroll and knew there jobs were safe with Clinton. I could go on and on, but if I was Trump I'd be looking to borrow the pope mobile. We have a bunch of crazies that are leftists

#10 ·
itsmehb said:
if I was Trump I'd be looking to borrow the pope mobile.[/quote:nj9byem4 said:
Actually, I'm surprised "they" haven't needed it for the last 8 years already. As far as Trump is concerned, my money says that with HIS money, there is already something better than the Popemobile. And he'll probably need it. Society only seems to get worse. Dennis

#11 ·
Weren't they supposed to reveal the new limo soon? I was thinking that I heard about there being a new one here soon. I'm sure it has significant measures taken. From what I've read, there have been some attempts on the current president that have had very little reporting done on them. Nothing really close but stuff caught before he was even there.

In other pope mobile/ presidential limo news, when Obama came to Chattanooga, he drove down my street! They apparently have 3 or 4 routes between their destination and the airport. Apparently they went from the Amazon fulfillment warehouse a very remote back way to the back entrance of the airport and drove down my street. Kinda cool

#12 ·
In 1980, I was about 2 blocks from Reagan's (place hand over heart) motorcade. Actually saw it coming up the street (I was driving past a park right before he arrived to speak there). A few years later, Bush's (#1) motorcade drove right past our work (we are opposite an entrance ramp and feeder ramp from downtown, where he had been speaking. We heard squealing tires as law enforcement stopped traffic on the interstate. A cop I knew well was on the "inside" security circle and he later told us about the stinger missles and other "goodies" that were in the black Suburbans. In Middle School (it was called "Junior High" in those days), Nixon (don't place hand over heart), flew right over our school in a helicopter. Special experiences? Nah, I talk to GOD every day :D. Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.