Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2016 Hallowharrie Run Nov 3 - 6

39K views 123 replies 30 participants last post by  superswire 
#1 ·
The poll is closed and this year the Hallowharrie run will take place Nov 3-6.

In :D
Hack: Site #26 Nov 2-6
JLemond: Site #32
Shaggy: Site #12 Nov 2-6
Naththig5327: Nov 4-5
Van: Site #30 Nov 2-6
Timberwolf: Site #35 Nov 2-6
88toy4x4: Site #41 Nov 3-6
superswire: Site #24 Nov 4-6
Ssiggy: Site #34 Nov 4-6
TPR10inchIFS: Site #13 Nov 2-6
Slainer: Site #14
Chris-6mgte: Site #50 Nov 4-6
Wmorrisiii: Cabin
martindavis: Site #28 Nov 4-6
egagnon086: Nov 5-6
Ekholm1997: Site #46

Out :(
Joe D
Peter
JP
Nick
Squatch

Maybe :?
paulevans76
DRaider90
MarcusInMD
lorenzo816
b1ganuf

News, Information, and Updates:

Guide to Uwharrie National Forest:

Link to the Forest Service Guide to Uwharrie National Forest.

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

MAP AND DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps Directions to the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

To get to the Arrowhead Campground from the Outpost, turn left out of the parking lot. Look for the sign for the horse camp and turn left on SR1154. Make a right at the "T" intersection onto SR544. Go past the horse camp to the stop sign at the next T intersection. You will see a sign saying Arrowhead Campground is to the left. Make the left onto the dirt road SR597. Make a right at the sign marking the turn to the camp ground on SR597B. The road is paved just before you pass a dump station. When you get into Arrowhead, keep your speed down and watch out for the speed bumps. The road will fork. You have to go to the right because the road becomes one way. The camp sites are well marked by numbers and with the last name of the person making the reservation.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting (passes are $3 per day and are available at the Outpost). So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
Reactions: shaggydoink
#102 ·
Just found out that Squatch can't make it. So I will be taking his site, which leaves Site 36 available Nov 3-6.

#103 ·
Unfortunately our group is not going to be able to make this trip, JP broke his ankle a week or so, I've cancelled our site reservation for sites 27 & 29, so they are available if anyone wants to reserve them.

Y'all have fun, I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pics and videos!!! See y'all in the spring....

#104 ·
shaggydoink said:
Since the trails can be a little chaotic on Saturdays I figured it would be a logical day to make the paddle trip to check out the caves at Narrows Dam:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1KAf6E1KBdJsE0bu_bi3vcR1Vod0

At this stage I'm planning on heading out in the morning and estimate the trek will take 3-4 hours overall (never done this so just a rough guess), if anyone is interested in going let me know and I'll help work out the logistics! :mrgreen:

Jonathan
If you happen to know where I could rent a kayak, I'd be interested.... if the water isn't to cold. :oops:

Sorry to see some of the group drop out, we'll have some fun for ya' and maybe take some video. :p Peter, tell JP to quit pushing on that gas peddle so hard. :lol:

#106 ·
Truck packed except for the cooler. Plan to head out early tomorrow and be at Arrowhead 1-2 pm.

#107 ·
Hack said:
Truck packed except for the cooler. Plan to head out early tomorrow and be at Arrowhead 1-2 pm.
x2, except most of my stuff is in the "shack" which is such a nice change. :thumbup: I'll be hitting the road tomorrow as well, I hope you and everyone else has a safe journey!

Jonathan

#108 ·
I guess everyone will be traveling today or tomorrow so we hope everyone has a great weekend! We SOOOOO wanted to make it this weekend considering we haven't been in a few years but my wife (Kim) has surgery on her arm tomorrow. It was scheduled a couple months ago and it worked out the best considering her school schedule so we went with it. She would not be able to take the bounce with her arm so we'll have to shoot for next fall.

Ernie and Kim

#109 ·
Safe travels for those that are heading down. My oldest son Alex, and I will be heading down early Friday am. See you guys there! :D

#110 ·
Just thought Id ask, I anyone here is interested in a set of 4.77 gears for a Rodeo/amigo? I can bring up to uwharrie if anyone is interested, 10 bolt front 3rd, and r&P gear for the back. PM me if interested, looking to make a deal.

#111 ·
For a 2nd Gen? I probably can't afford them anyway.

#112 ·
Yeah they'll fit a 2nd Gen. That's what I got them for. I'd do $350 for the set delivered to uwharrie, or for a set of decent mud terrain tires for 16" rims.

#114 ·
Hey guys, I'm gonna head up to the mountains for another 4x4 event, so I'm out of the Uwharrie isuzu run this Fall.

egagnon086, give me a shout sometime so we can chat about your Revos.

Van and Shaggie, if you remember the old red house across the outpost I used to be in with my ex-gf, well the house behind and to the right, the guy there rents Kayaks.
His nickname is Spook. Really nice guy. Drive up the gravel road and you'll see his place on the right.

I'll miss the camaraderie but hope to shoot for Spring with you guys.

#115 ·
88toy4x4 said:
Ssiggy said:
I believe I may have a few
Did you get a chance to check and see if you had any of the 4wd stickers? And how much are they?

Thanks
What I mean is that I have a few of the actual emblems. If I can run by where they are tomorrow, I'll grab one for you.

#116 ·
Gotta update my status to not gonna make it. My junk isn't ready yet and even if I get the engine and trans buttoned up the next few days, I won't have any time for break in by the weekend. Have fun in the gorgeous weather!

#117 ·
Willie and myself are heading down tomorrow afternoon till Sunday, I can bring down some parts for first gens and 2nd gens (2nd gen pile is limited.) PM me if you need anything. I am also going to bring down some split and seasoned pine wood for anyone who wants it like 20 or so pieces. I dont need it since Willie and I are gonna sissy it out in a cabin near URE. PM me if you want me to drop it at your site tomorrow evening. See you all there cant wait!

#118 ·
Hey everyone were all packed up, I'm finishing up checking everything over, changing fluids, etc. I've got a wonky low beam but it works it I give it a slap like the fonzerelli so I'm good with it haha. We're gonna head down after I get out of court tomorrow. If anyone needs anything on my way from Salisbury feel free to pm me or call or text or Facebook or whatever !!! Safe travels everyone !!!

#119 ·
I'll be heading up that way tomorrow morning, hope to be there before noon. May just spend the day up there and head home in the evening, gotta keep the wife happy. :blackeye:

Last call if anyone needs any 2ndGen amigo parts or a good set of 4.77s.

Hope the trails aren't too busy.

#120 ·
Yay made it !!! I'm not sure how many people I met before but we're setting up site #24 quick then going exploring. Feel free to stop by and say hello we have my 99 black rodeo and Amy's 14 burban ;)

#121 ·
Does anyone here need 2" diff drop brackets? Pm me or stop by site 13, thanks

#123 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was glad to participate in Hallowharrie 2016! Even though the Beater 88 Trooper is dead (again), my little 2wd '84 P'up with the newly-acquired camper shell (the Chammy Chell--"Ch" pronounced like "Sh") was a faithful little conveyance for the trip.
1104161607.jpg

The wee camper was plenty cozy.
1104161633.jpg

Though I was disappointed that I didn't have the Beater to hit the trails with, the fellowship with my fellow Isuzooers, the Isuzu 100th Birthday, and being able to make both 2016 meets was more than enough to make me a happy man! All y'all are great!

Attachments

#124 ·
Man you could have rode with us anytime if you wanted out on the trails !!! Nice seeing everyone again as well as the chance to not only meet but wheel with some awesome new people !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.