Isuzu SUV Forum banner

**Official Spotted Thread**

102K views 602 replies 128 participants last post by  92isuzupickup 
#1 ·
Didn't see a thread here, yes I looked!

Anyhoo, I think we need a spotted threa where everyone can post and look, in one place!

I'll start:

NB aurora at approximately 2300 hours this evening in North Seattle/Shoreline area, I followed a red first gen (89/90?) Trooper for a few miles. Was a 2 door, maybe a 2 or 3 inch lift, and rolling on I'm guessing 32x11.5's... The guy definitely noticed me!

Anyone here??

#577 ·
Its pretty cool even as a 2wd. Kind of reminds me of the Toyota Hilux's I was seeing in the Middle East. Wonder how many were sold here. Wouldn't mind finding one that isn't quite so expensive to turn into an expedition rig. Probably as rare as an 83 Vette though.

#579 ·
Some of you may have noticed the second gen Rodeo in the previews for the movie "Midnight Special." I saw the movie and they do make Isuzu's seem pretty rugged, lol. At one point they crash through a roadblock of two military Hummers and manage to keep on truckin'.

#581 ·
I've come across a couple 1st gen Troopers locally. The first that I saw was a matte black '86. I saw the round eye grille from a long way off. I noticed it was a little beat, and within the next few months it showed up at the pick n pull I was working at and I ended up picking it clean.

Then I saw a 2-door LWB Trooper a couple miles down from my house, and it appears to be nearly driven daily. Haven't seen it on the road yet, and it would be pretty awkward to pull into guy's driveway for a picture. In my neck of the swamp, I would probably expect to have a shotgun pointed at me almost immediately.

Then I came across this little gem at a gas station down the road. I dig the roof rack and the 2 full size spares! The rims looked like they are aged perfectly for the truck, and the hub covers are certainly interesting. Never seen those before. Gotta have auto lockers on the front.

I was driving Sweet Dee the other day and happened across it at the same gas station again. It has to be an employee, but I'm not sure which one yet.

I really want to know more about the tan and white one. The mods to it and the replacement body panels means that whoever drives it is probably a kindred spirit. Looking forward to meeting them.

#582 · (Edited by Moderator)
So there I was on the freeway coming home from going to look at buying an 89 Isuzu Impulse with DutchBro, and I spotted this:
20160515_180649-1.jpg

And when we got to his house, there it was again:
2016-05-15 21.41.07.jpg

Attachments

#584 ·
Drove by this nice first gen trooper today in Meridian, Idaho
[thumbnail]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb425/jbxtacos/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-06-02-12-01-21_zpsevrckl46.png[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb425/jbxtacos/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-06-02-12-00-51_zps7g1ffrgo.png[/thumbnail]

There are about a dozen first gens I see every now and then but none with round lights. This is my favorite of the bunch. There is also a nice Ironman edition Vehicross that parks a couple blocks from my house near BSU. Too many Rodeos and second gen Troopers to count.

#585 · (Edited by Moderator)
Me and the family went to a meet and greet last night for local off roading group at a burger joint in Clemmons, NC. When we pulled up, we saw this thing of beauty. Turns out that he is actually a planet member but has no build thread about it. His name on here is Timberwolf. Really nice guy and didnt mind at all that me and my wife were drooling all over his Amigo. He actually was not there for the meet and greet but stopped by and talked to the others as well and they too were in awe of this sweet ride.
received_10157229642015574.jpeg

received_10157229642780574.jpeg

received_10157229781780574.jpeg

Attachments

#587 ·
I saw a nice golden metallic colored 98-02 Trooper yesterday in Salem Oregon, close to stock height, roof basket, snorkel, brush guard. Pulled up right beside me for a moment on Center St in downtown Salem before turning off another direction. I was in my maroon 95 but didn't look like the driver noticed. Anyone from here?

#588 ·
So nobody else seems to have "reported" it yet, But in the newest Jason Bourne movie, the getaway car for the guy who killed Bourne's father is a first gen Amigo Sport. Dennis

#589 ·
Spotted thread, my RS!
I was sitting in traffic at a light a couple days ago and a first gen Trooper, probably 90 or 91 four door, goes by on my right, stops suddenly, holding up traffic behind it, and I see the driver twisting around in his seat to check out my RS. I was slow to notice, lost in my own thoughts, but it caught my attention so I give the guy a thumbs up. I had to laugh. It was like a guy checking out a gal. He looks, then stops and looks back again to check her out. Guys, you know what I'm talking about. Kinda cool though. Not too many people check out my old RS. First gen troopers are a rare breed and not often seen in the wild in Sonoma County.
Jay

#590 · (Edited by Moderator)
Saw this VX in Siler City today when we went out for lunch. It was parked at a shop on Third. Does it belong to anyone in here? Not only did the plate say URE VX but it also had a season trail pass from last year in the windshield.
received_10157558261910574.jpeg
received_10157558262090574.jpeg
received_10157558262225574.jpeg

Attachments

#592 · (Edited by Moderator)
Again, I rarely post here because I rarely have a camera handy when I "spot" (I'm an old guy and my phone's smarter than I am). Saw this Amigo sitting in front of a shop a couple of weeks ago. Noticed it Cwas still there so I decided to investigate. Story is: guy brought it in for maintenance. It needs a head gasket, and he is trying to decide what to do (3 weeks later). Emotion got the better of me and I left a name and number. While it appears to have the big wheel package (31s, snowfakes, and mud flaps at all 4 corners, I didn't readily see 4wd stuff (fwd axles, transfer case sticking down), so I don't know if it's 4x4 or not. Don't want to see it go to the boneyard. Dennis
001.JPG

Attachments

#593 ·
Saw this jewel in the parking lot at the Finksburg post office. Diesel pup in nice shape. I was pulling out when the driver came outside. I think he was doing service work from this truck. very clean.

#594 ·
DSUZU said:
There's so many "Zus down here that unless I see something spectacular, I don't post here. today was an exception, I wish I'd had a camera. I saw an immaculate '91-92 4WD Rodeo LS. It was factory maroon over silver with 31s and even a sunroof. The same as the roached out one I bought for parts last year and junked, but this one was totally cherry. Dennis
Update a few years later. Saw it again at Home Depot this afternoon. Talked to the owner, the original owner, who bought it new from the same dealer as my friend's parents bought theirs (listed in my signature). Wish I had the VIN from the one I had, bet they were only a few apart. Identical LS Rodeos, burgundy over silver with burgundy interiors. Told him about the planet and hope to see him on here. Dennis

Reactions: gb89amigo
#595 ·
superman27344 said:
Saw this VX in Siler City today when we went out for lunch. It was parked at a shop on Third. Does it belong to anyone in here? Not only did the plate say URE VX but it also had a season trail pass from last year in the windshield. View attachment 1 View attachment 2
Saw one (maybe the same one) at Western Auto a month or so back. Chris said it belonged to Tommy and Johnny's brother. I think he said he had several of them.

Mike

#598 ·

Spotted a first gen Trooper this morning on I40 east on the west side of Greensboro (nc) near the Piedmont Triad International Airport. I was doing 80mph on the highway when it flew past me. Never thought I'd see the day when an older Trooper would pass me on the highway while I was in a sports car. Usually, it is the other way around.

#600 · (Edited by Moderator)
Was watching the movie "Simple Things" (also known as: "Country Remedy"), and there's a scene where the doctors son, Nate, has gotten lost and the townsfolk show up to help search for him. There's a black first-gen Trooper which Mickey Jones' character, Slyder, drives up to the doctors house. This is such a low budget film, I was just curious if perhaps the actors might have driven their own vehicles in this scene and if anyone knew if Mickey was an Isuzu owner and on the forum? Didn't get a screen shot, sorry. Film was made in 2007, on location in North Carolina, I think.

You've probably seen Mickey before. He's typecast in lots of southern-themed films.

Mickey Jones 1.jpg

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.