Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Uwharrie Spring 2016 Picture Thread

15K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  MarcusInMD 
#1 ·
Here are a few from Peter. Please share any others that you have.

First set from the "Daniel" trail.

-Tad

Attachments

See less See more
#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Getting to Uwharrie was a monumental challenge for my youngest son Ben and me as we tried to juggle schedules and overcome obstacles that slowed our progress. We put the Beater88 back on the trail after being decomissioned for 6 years. After a partial disassembly, a trip to the frame shop, and replacing some parts during the reassembly, it was still rough, but ready! We finally hit the Uwharrie soil late Saturday afternoon with both the Beater and Ben's '91 Trooper. YESSSSS!!

We really enjoyed seeing those few we did rendevous with, since we missed most of the activities. The best part was that Ben got to meet Jerry and talk shop for awhile. Ben is pretty fluent with the lingo, as he was brought up around Isuzus and is also a Mack mechanic. His brothers are pretty darn talented, too! It would have been a blast for the whole family to go, but we're glad that at least two of us got to attend the Spring meet. It was GREAT!

Please excuse the quality of these phone pictures. One detail I forgot, even with a check-off list that those of us with OCD do, was to get batteries for the decent camera. Oh well, the fuzzy pics fuel the better mental images we have!

0430161635a.jpg

0430161741.jpg

0501160834.jpg

0501161109.jpg

0501161220.jpg

Attachments

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
The other two pics:
0501161319.jpg

0501161339.jpg

Attachments

#30 ·
I wish I would have stayed but between the morning storm soaking me, my slight mechanical issues and the somberness of everyone packing up I said well, I had a great weekend, I might as well head on down the road and get unpacked and organized before work the next day. In hindsight, It turned out to be a beautiful day and I'm sure the rain held the dust down for you guys. Great to meet you and your son. Think we both need to make it earlier next time haha...

#31 ·
Smitty and I had a blast getting his HEEP back on the trail again. Hopefully next year I will have another Trooper to wheel. Unfortunately I only took a few pics, as I was too busy getting the crap shook out of me riding shotgun in the Heep. When we stopped I was too busy being thankful for my life. :lol:

As always, it was great to see all our old friends, and getting to make new ones. If anyone took pics of the Heep in action, I would love to get copies so I can pass them along to Smitty.

Till next time guys,

#32 ·
Thanks, Van. It was nice to see some vids of my truck when it was running.

#33 ·
Hack said:
Thanks, Van. It was nice to see some vids of my truck when it was running.
I was also glad to see it running, was a shame to pull up to camp and see it on jackstands its a very nice rig !!!

Also thank you van !!!

And to the few people I didn't talk to in length I apologize. I wanted to say hello to everyone, but I was so excited :bounce: :bounce: to just get out and wheel, I went every running when someone said they were going :cheers: :cheers: !!! Y'all know the silver vx with the dented hood now, so don't hesitate to slow me down a minute to say hello, I'm sure eventually I'll even remember names :lol:

#36 ·
It was super awesome to get shifty out on the trails, I can't wait to do some more work on her and make her even more capable of a truck! Next step is to get some OME springs and some spring spacers put a 3" lift on her. Then I'll fab up some DIY sliders (Should be interesting...)

Reactions: superswire
#39 ·
I finally got a video up from this past spring run. Please check it out!

[BBvideo 320,240:2rycptop]https://youtu.be/gr6OX-cK5Gc[/BBvideo]

#40 ·
Thanks. It was nice to see my Amigo again. :lol:

#41 ·
Hack said:
Thanks. It was nice to see my Amigo again. :lol:
I forgot you had one. :p :shock: 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.