Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Spring Uwharrie 2015: April 23 - 26

38K views 123 replies 28 participants last post by  sun2moonzuzu 
#1 ·
The poll is closed and this year the Spring run will take place during the 4th weekend in April.

In :D
JLemond ~ Site #32, Apr 23-26
Van ~ Site #30, Apr 22-26
Ssiggy ~ Cabin, Apr 23-26
Shaggy ~ Site #12, Apr 22-26
Smiley* ~ Site #37, Apr 24-25 *(...that is; assuming I finally make it back again, this time -- if not: BIG Group Site!)
poprivetj1 ~ Site #33, Apr 23-26
reran ~ Site #34, Apr 23 - 26
FirstGenTrooperGirl - Site #39, April 23 - 26
sun2moonzuzu - Site #38
slainer - Site #19
paulevans76 - Site #43

Out :(
heckcreek
TomSuddard
95phoenix
Neutron
Hack
Squatch

Maybe :?
TrooperJ2
sassee
MarcusInMD
egagnon086
Arlie123
Bansil

News, Information, and Updates:

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps for the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting. So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
#102 ·
Here is a cpl more....if anybody got any pics of my Trooper on the trails, please throw em up here!!

Attachments

Reactions: FirstGenTrooperGirl
#104 ·
My son and I had a blast as well! So great to meet everybody! We will be coming back for sure as well. It was like driving on grease on Saturday. I'll slap a few photos of the fun!

Jason Hill

Attachments

Reactions: FirstGenTrooperGirl
#106 ·
shaggydoink said:
I just got home and am completely wiped out, but just wanted to thank everyone for making the past few days such a wonderful experience, I'll post up the pictures and videos I took tomorrow.

Shaggy
Durn bud!!...ya had us worried!!...glad ya made it out...lol....holler when ya can...Tommy and Jane

#107 ·

These are from our mud run up Wolf Den today. Shaggy and I had to winch ourselves up due to the lovely conditions. What a blast!

#109 ·
Sun2moonzuzu (Tommy) getting stuck on Dutch John.
[BBvideo 560,340:26trzfoi]http://youtu.be/TVe2N4Sga58[/BBvideo]

Reactions: sun2moonzuzu
#110 ·
And now... FirstGenTrooperGirl getting stuck in the SAME PLACE. Not a good day for street tires.

[BBvideo 560,340:3sp7iheo]http://youtu.be/W9nxNtUZU_U[/BBvideo]

#111 ·
Had a blast out there. I wish we could have enjoyed the nicer weather on Friday, but Saturday's slick stuff made things really fun for a throttle happy guy like myself. We only ran a trail and a half on Saturday, but it's probably for the better, since my front wheel bearing was giving me fits. Although it just was a short run, it was just what I needed. Van, Dan, & Jason, thanks for coming out into the slop with us.

My buddy Joe that was riding with me will upload a video this evening and I'll get a few photos together from the weekend as well. Van, I can't wait to see the videos you took.

#112 ·
Paul, thanks man we had a good time in the slop. It sure gave my little 223T a good run for all she had. Your trooper is a BEAST!

#113 ·
poprivetj1 said:
Paul, thanks man we had a good time in the slop. It sure gave my little 223T a good run for all she had. Your trooper is a BEAST!
I was impressed as hell with yours man! Must be the jet fuel :D

#114 ·
Thurs and Fri. were glorious, and a lot dryer than I thought it would be....did anybody else see Capt'n Morgan and his first mate up on the trails?...lol

And a cpl other good looking trucks sittin around too....

Attachments

#116 ·
Shaggy!!!..ya did good bud!!!...thanks!!

Reactions: shaggydoink
#118 ·
Here are the few videos I took.

[BBvideo 560,340:ga2vovn4]https://youtu.be/4ad_YMT1IEY[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 560,340:ga2vovn4]https://youtu.be/WJ6kfN9JWt4[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 560,340:ga2vovn4]https://youtu.be/p8N83cTxe9w[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 560,340:ga2vovn4]https://youtu.be/_gsryzk68bk[/BBvideo]

#121 ·
I've never seen a video that doesn't make it look like we're struggling on flat ground. That hill was a mother, but you'd never know it. Where is Steven Spielberg when you need him?

#122 ·
Finally think I got all the pics off my phone....if ya see a dup.....sorry....We had a great time!!...and look forward to doing it again!!...thanks to everybody that was there!!

Attachments

#124 ·
This isnt in Uwharrie....but it is funny....This is what happens if ya drive a jeep....lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.