Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Firearm Picture Thread

61K views 120 replies 33 participants last post by  Enemigo 
#1 ·
Seems like we have a lot of firearm enthusiasts on here, post up a pic!

This is my daily CCW

Glock 23 Gen4 with an Insight M3, I am still looking for a good holster to use with the light. For now I carry it without the light in an Old Faithful IWB. I also just had a set of Trijicon night sites installed :D

See less See more
#27 ·
Yep I always thought about that every time a pulled the trigger on my 38 , $40 some bucks a box... Can't remember quantity maybe 20 rounds lol

#29 ·

.40 cal. flintlock that I built for myself, no particular style or school just some things that have tickled my fancy over the years. Moon and owl is kind of a tribute to to Ciecel Brooks who has built ML rifles for presentation to the US presidents.Other embellishments are influenced by Ohio gunmakers.Dave

#32 ·
nfpgasmask said:
Man, I used to go target shooting like every other month.....and then ammo went through the roof, and now I feel bad every time I pull the trigger of anything other than my 10/22. Sucks.

Bart
Yeah, we need some pictures of AMMO to drool over... :lol:

#33 ·
This is was my collection before the boating accident.

Attachments

#38 ·
bradzuzu said:
Inlaw you scare me ;)

My brother would be envious !!!
It was a slow collection. Got a lot of them when I was doing odd jobs in school to give me some extra cash. I delivered flowers on the busy days with a florist and it pretty much got me a gun every valentines day, mothers day or secretary's day. Then I got a job working in the dorms- cheap room and board AND a stipend! I bought more guns from money that college gave me than when I didn't! One of them even came from one of my residents in the dorom (92FS-$350 with 5 mags, Glaco holster and he threw in 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39!). There was a 1911 that was suppose to be a nice valentines day with the girlfriend, but that ended about a week before, so I got it. Those were the good years, then the bills started coming in...

#39 ·
Cool story that you can be reminded of when you look through your collection .. I bought my 06 when I was 13 I think.. My dad set me up to make monthly payments, had to have been my first credit line... It was a proud moment when I payed the last stub... Oh forgot to mention , I've always liked to tear stuff apart and I unscrewed the scope eye piece and poked my finger in there to check out the cool sight which in turn broke !! Bushnel uses paper :) ... My older brothers gave me a bad time for years about that one...

#42 ·
Unfortunately no, small 1 bedroom apartment with too much stuff already so no room for reloading equipment. Pretty much all that was bought the last time there was a run on ammo when Odummy got elected. Any time I saw some at Walmart I bought it so I could go shooting when I wanted without worrying about having to find ammo first. But its been much worse this time around and if you do find some anywhere its way over priced so now I'm hesitant to use any of it.

#43 ·
It's been awhile since I've shopped for any ammo, something I should pay attention too.. I might have one box of .38's and a couple 06 ... This is sounding bad and I like to be prepared !!

#46 ·
I was stopping through a Bass Pro Shop in Georgia about a month ago to get a replacement globe for my Coleman Lantern and I saw a lady walking around with a brick of 22. I asked her where she got it and she said it was behind the counter. I inquired and the guy said it was $24 after tax :shock: I picked one up :D :D They had a limit though... :evil:

And I picked up the SR22 about 10 days ago and the guy said they get shipments of 22 bricks on Sundays or Mondays to check back in because it goes quickly. He said they keep some ammo in the back for when people buy guns, so I got come CCI with the pistol.

#47 ·
Best thing I ever did to my lantern was break the globe. The only replacement I could find at the time was a fine mesh screen instead of glass, I like it much better. A bit of a pain to light if there is any wind though.

I just paid $12 for a 100rd brick of .22 at Big 5 sports. Wasnt even looking for ammo I was buying shoes. As I was leaving the guy asked if I knew anyone looking for .22 LR, said he had 1 left so I bought it even though I dont really need it.

#48 ·
Gizmo42 said:
Best thing I ever did to my lantern was break the globe. The only replacement I could find at the time was a fine mesh screen instead of glass, I like it much better. A bit of a pain to light if there is any wind though.
I have that on my propane lantern, but this was an old white gas lantern, 220F, which takes a bigger globe than the wire mesh ones I could find. Otherwise, it would have one!

That's almost exactly how my 22 purchases went!

#50 ·
Here's an oddball. I got this from a pawn shop in Tacoma, WA, about 20 years ago.

Gun is an LC Smith 12 ga. Field Grade Featherweight (full / mod). 1942 production according to serial number. It's in fair shape and I hunted with it for years. I eventually joined the LC Smith fan forum online and discovered that this shotgun is a rare military model (note the "flaming bomb" stamp in picture below). They were not used in combat, rather, WWII bomber gunners started their training by spending dozens of hours at the trap range. This helped cement the idea of leading the target, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.