Isuzu SUV Forum banner

90 Trooper 2.6 5spd (West Texas) $400

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  andrewmiller360 
#1 ·
Guys,

Anyone close to Del Rio/San Antonio Texas and interested in The Trooper send me a text (817-366-4724) or e-mail plambert117@gmail.com

Story: Some of you probably know I've had this truck for 15 years. Its very hard for me to get rid of it and as many of us have stated in the past, I would rather it get continued use rather than go to the yard since it has a soul. I'm from Pennsylvania but am in the military in West Texas for the next year and now we have our first baby on the way!

Details:
1990 2.6 5 speed with 147K
Started out life in Arizona then I bought off eBay w/ about 100K miles in 2002 and it became a PA truck.
So, it does have rust in the usual places.
Replaced the head, gasket, timing belt and put a Calmini low torque cam in @ ~105K in 2004.
Also put Calmini sway bars in at some point, and within the 2 years installed a new gas tank and muffler, regular maintenance and valve lash adjustments...

-The engine and transmission are strong. The brakes are not- the front right caliper started sticking a few weeks ago and hence can't be driven more than a few miles.(Calipers are 45 bucks at Advanced and I have new front rotors but no time.)
-A/C compressor works however system wont hold refrigerant due to a pinhole leak in the top of the condenser from where a bracket was rubbing.
-Parking brake is also inop, shoes on the back brakes are worn out.

I'd love to give parts out but don't have the proper facilities on base so it'll have to be the whole truck out the door.

Thanks for lookin and feel free to contact with any questions. Will post more pictures shortly.

-Pat

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The rust around the window actually isn't bad, surface rust, not compromising the window security at all. (attached a picture)
The rocker panels however are the worst of it-- they're in bad shape. The floor pans and frame are all safe/secure but have rust.
Gas tank is great since its been replaced.

-Pat

Attachments

#7 ·
All,

Last call for the Trooper. $200 bucks is what the yard will give me--
Planning on taking it later this week. I'll post the address of the junk yard unless anyone wants to keep it going for 200 smackers.

Andrew I'll check in with you before I take it about the lights.

P

#9 ·
If you were so far away I'd buy it for the drive train

#10 ·
is it in San Antonio or Del Rio?

Thanks
_Chris..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.