Isuzu SUV Forum banner

noob section

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  SteveoBurrito 
#1 ·
Just curious why a noob section couldn't be added that has all the best write ups about every noob question...instead of blobs getting on here and constantly searching to find something they arent 100% sure what they are looking for and then asking and being told to search, why not create a section where noobs can go and get all the info they need to answer all those noob questions that seem to annoy the older members? This would save alot of time and heartache on both sides. Ive asked the same question on other sites and I get the same answer...use the search...the problem is most of us already have and didnt see what we were looking for, or maybe since we are new we didnt quit ask the question correctly to get the answer we were looking for...learning the lingo helps but that comes in time too.

#2 ·
I don't see a lot of people on here being told to search. Often someone will point them to the proper thread or resource. There are a set of stickies with writeups on here, with articles transferred over from the planetisuzoo.com site.

The beauty of a forum is the interaction with those who have the answer, or have been through the same problem. If it's just writeups, then it would be a workshop manual.

#3 ·
True, sadly most of the threads are so old that pics are no longer available or you cant contact the OP via pm to ask a question. There are some good stickys but not everything is covered, yes I think its great to see someone's build thread and such but you dont get alot of info that way. For example, johns tranny swap thread, its a great tool if youre sourcing the mua5 from a 95 trooper, but what other years and mods have to be done to the mua5 if you use it from a different year model? Thats a question ive asked yet still no answer to that...im sure someone at dome pointless all thatb info but you cant find it in a search.

#4 ·
Nice thought, but would cause confusion because of infinite overlap with other sections. Too many forums end up with categories that completely confuse those trying to start a new topic. If a newbie has a drivetrain question, where should it be posted?

I can't even fathom why a question should be somehow different, just because a noob is asking it. The answer should be in the same place, regardless how long the person has had a 'Zu or been a Planet member.

Jack

#5 ·
JoeIsuzu said:
Nice thought, but would cause confusion because of infinite overlap with other sections. Too many forums end up with categories that completely confuse those trying to start a new topic. If a newbie has a drivetrain question, where should it be posted?

I can't even fathom why a question should be somehow different, just because a noob is asking it. The answer should be in the same place, regardless how long the person has had a 'Zu or been a Planet member.

Jack
I agree to an extent but when you search and search and still cant find the answer youre wanting you always end up with the one or two people telling you to search or do your homework etc...assuming you havent or that youre just being lazy. Thats the kind of rude condecending things every noob looks to avoid...the old mustang forum I was part of did a noob section and I worked flawlessly. I understand your stance and Ive seen how well it works as well...it was just a suggestion though, and so far with exception of three folks who have replied to anything Ive posted, everyone else has been condecending and rude...just the opposite of what I was told about the folks here before I signed up...kinda disappointing to say the least.

#7 ·
silverfox said:
and so far with exception of three folks who have replied to anything Ive posted, everyone else has been condecending and rude...just the opposite of what I was told about the folks here before I signed up...kinda disappointing to say the least.
Something change in the last 5 days?

silverfox said:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 pm Thanks. So far everyone has been really helpful
Edit: Nevermind, saw the Mua5 thread and the commentary about cross posting.
FYI, A lot of us here use search.php?&sr=topics&search_id=newposts so your post is likely seen, if not replied to right off it may be because we do not have the info handy.

This place in general is one of the gentler forums, I got roasted on another forum for wanting to keep the EGR system or as they like to call it the Abrasive Circulation valve.
That said we all have room for improvement and bad days.

#8 ·
Dingbat said:
silverfox said:
and so far with exception of three folks who have replied to anything Ive posted, everyone else has been condecending and rude...just the opposite of what I was told about the folks here before I signed up...kinda disappointing to say the least.
Something change in the last 5 days?

silverfox said:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 pm Thanks. So far everyone has been really helpful
Actually yes...seems there are more here who would rather do anything but help and give an answer then the guys like buster and jlemond are awesome and understand that not everyone comes here with alot of knowledge about these vehicles and give good advice and answers. And that original quote was after dealing with the above mentioned members...those guys are awesome.

#9 ·
silverfox said:
Actually yes...seems there are more here who would rather do anything but help and give an answer then the guys like buster and jlemond are awesome and understand that not everyone comes here with alot of knowledge about these vehicles and give good advice and answers. And that original quote was after dealing with the above mentioned members...those guys are awesome.
Jlemond (Jerry) is definitely a reason, parts and knowledge why a lot of the Isuzu's that are alive are alive.
Buster28 is definitely a goto guy for any 4L30 questions.
oldestisuzuist in my experience (threads to which he's replied, is also pretty knowledgeable).

#11 ·
Right there with ya silverfox. I guess where I'm at with it is, if its something your interested in ignore the condescending posts and just keep learning. No matter your trade EVERYONE starts at the bottom. And for those that seem condescending try to look at it from their point of view...it must be equally as frustrating seeing and answering the same questions as it is for us to try and understand someone who is way far ahead of us in skill level. So we must learn and pass it on! Oldistizuzuist and Ed Mc seem very knowledgeable and answer oriented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.