Isuzu SUV Forum banner

6th Annual Beasley Knob Run, 19-22 June, Blairsville, GA

9K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Ruination 
#1 ·
It's time for the 6th annual mid Uwharrie run on Beasley Knob OHV, Ga.

10.6 miles of trails ranging from difficult to most difficult.

Come and enjoy the cool weather of the GA mountains during the summer.

Trail fee $5 bucks per day.

Please insure you have the proper safety/recovery gear for/on your vehicle and yourself/passengers.

Camping at Trackrock Campgrounds:
http://www.trackrock.com/

Or at any of the nearby hotels.

Alternative camping at Lake Winfield Scott. Reserved camping for $12 per night.

For the real outdoors-man, you can camp at the OHV for the 5 bucks you pay to ride the trails per day... in other words... play like your a bear in the woods type of camping.

Map of the area:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh, I hope Zuul is up and running by then. Aussie locker, hurry up!

#3 ·
Van has reserved site 65 for 19-22.I have reserved site 69 for 20-22

#4 ·
Booked at the Paradise Cabins Fri June 20-Sun June 22

#5 ·
won't know if I have off work until the weekend before. I put my request in so we'll see how it goes.

#10 ·
We have to bow out. I still haven't gotten a ship date on my Lokka (it's been a month) and I won't have time to install it now. Maybe if there's a run later in the Summer or Fall we can do it, but time has run out.

#11 ·
Chitzu said:
Is the difficult to most difficult trail due to rocks or is there some place to go without hitting my hangi down things on rocks? thanks rock on
Beasley you can do most of the trails without hitting any rocks. There is a lot of mud if it rains though.

[BBvideo 560,340:x77yf1nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmZM1I4jXU[/BBvideo]

#13 ·
dman4486 said:
ok so we were thinking of coming to this.... but that is my sister's wedding weekend :( When is the next run!?
I thought a wedding and reception only takes a couple of hours... you plan on going on the honeymoon also? :p

Ssiggy said:
We have to bow out. I still haven't gotten a ship date on my Lokka (it's been a month) and I won't have time to install it now. Maybe if there's a run later in the Summer or Fall we can do it, but time has run out.
Who needs a front locker when you've got a winch and a skinny pedal? :bounce:

Ruination said:
I am back from vacation (aka contract job) on the 16th. Might need this weekend to decompress so it will either be up there with you folks or back home on the couch!! :)
Bring that poor neglected puppy out there and give it a workout. :p P.S. Billy rode with me at Uwharrie and now I understand the Pepsi can comments from one Beasley trip... it works in my truck also.:thefinger:

I've got site #65 reserved and Jerry has #66 19-22 June. When I called, they still had 63,64,67 and 68 empty.

Blueberries and blackberries will be ready for picken by then so I sure hope Bill, Billy and Jason make it up for some cobbler. :D

#14 ·
Van said:
Ssiggy said:
Who needs a front locker when you've got a winch and a skinny pedal? :bounce:
Unfortunately, the reason I need a Lokka is because my whole front diff ripped out at URE and left a lovely hole in the side. (Note to others: the welding idea didn't work out.) I've only got 2WD and a dry front diff.

#17 ·
Have a good time guys. Wish I could join you, but it is a long drive, and I am saving vacation time for the Honeymoon this year. I loved the trails down there. It was awesome, and even better after the rain. Talk about slippery!

#18 ·
Well I was able to get off for work so it looks like I will make it down. Does anyone have extra room for me and my small tent? I'd gladly help pay for the site.

Thanks, Looking forward to my first trip to Blairsville!!

#20 ·
JLEMOND said:
DANIEL , THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM IN MY SPACE OR VANS
Thanks Jerry!

#21 ·
Van said:
dman4486 said:
ok so we were thinking of coming to this.... but that is my sister's wedding weekend :( When is the next run!?
I thought a wedding and reception only takes a couple of hours... you plan on going on the honeymoon also? :p
Entire Family is coming down to Charleston from Cincinnati for the long weekend so we are "required" to be there. :drunken:

#22 ·
Van, It looks like I am headed up to Louisville, KY or the Offroad Unlimited Expo to represent ECORS and the Toyota Trail Racing class this weekend. Instead, I could have bought two new swampers for my truck and headed down to beasley but hey this is one of those things. :)

#23 ·
Ruination said:
Van, It looks like I am headed up to Louisville, KY or the Offroad Unlimited Expo to represent ECORS and the Toyota Trail Racing class this weekend. Instead, I could have bought two new swampers for my truck and headed down to beasley but hey this is one of those things. :)
No problem, we might not even be able to get on the trails this weekend. :evil:

Since the trails are closed right now... http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/conf/rec ... 3&actid=93
I talked to the ranger today and he said that they'll take a look at the trails tomorrow to see if they can open them back up (torrential rain fall the last few days), but the weather forecast looks like last year and they opened them up for us. :dontknow:

I talked to Jerry this morning and him and I will still be camping (and eating a lot of food), so Daniel, it's a 50/50 chance that we'll be able to make it on the trails. Hate to see you drive down for possibly no trail riding, although, the Forest Service roads are fun if it's wet and the river crossing might be interesting. :lol:

Weather forecast... http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 6CjEfldXWQ

#24 ·
Sorry I missed you guys this weekend. I wan't able to get the fuel tank back on the Trooper and I really didn't want to come down if I wasn't going to be able to get out on the trails.

#25 ·
mckenziedg said:
Sorry I missed you guys this weekend. I wan't able to get the fuel tank back on the Trooper and I really didn't want to come down if I wasn't going to be able to get out on the trails.
No sweat, you didn't miss anything except for a whole lot of food. :lol:

The trails were closed thanks to heavy rain/hail on Thursday. :evil:

Leland came out Saturday and we did the Forest Service road with the river crossing.

I didn't realize how slow we were puttin' along until we were passed by 2 joggers and their dog. :lol:

We found a new restaurant in town that served up Cuban food. In between the hot chili sauce and the rice and beans, I had more then enough gas to get me home. :lol:

Only managed to get one picture since I forgot the video camera, otherwise it was a great relaxing trip. :D

Hopefully the trails will be in better shape next year after they fix them.

Attachments

#26 ·
Van said:
The trails were closed thanks to heavy rain/hail on Thursday. :evil:

Leland came out Saturday and we did the Forest Service road with the river crossing.

I didn't realize how slow we were puttin' along until we were passed by 2 joggers and their dog. :lol:
Now that is crawling!

Van said:
you didn't miss anything except for a whole lot of food. :lol:
We found a new restaurant in town that served up Cuban food. In between the hot chili sauce and the rice and beans, I had more then enough gas to get me home. :lol:
Sounds like you found a way around the high fuel prices. Don't wheel a lot. Just keeping eating until you have enough gas.

Van said:
Only managed to get one picture since I forgot the video camera, otherwise it was a great relaxing trip. :D

Hopefully the trails will be in better shape next year after they fix them.
And hopefully there will be some pics for us to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.