starter safety switch on clutch pedal

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

starter safety switch on clutch pedal

Postby thumper » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:32 pm

Not sure if this is the right section for this topic but my 95 Isuzu Pickup now has another problem. The starter safety switch attached to the clutch pedal is either froze or gone out. The other day it wouldn't start, won't even turn over when I turn the key. I kept going out and trying it and it finally turned over and started. Do these switches freeze in 7 degree weather? All my lights on the dash come on but just won't turn over. I have tried feeling up in there and can't feel any wires. How am I suppose to get under the dash to change it when I can't get down or up in there? This truck is nickel and dimeing me.
:happy10:
Thumper, Boise, Id.:roll: :roll:
thumper
Drives on Dirt

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: starter safety switch on clutch pedal

Postby Hack » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:17 pm

On my 1st gen Troopers, the switch was right on the pedal. I actually unclipped the connector and inserted a paperclip so I could start the truck without depressing the clutch (handy off-road).
Mario

Daily Driver: 1995 Trooper Limited, Auto, 3.2L DOHC, Rear LSD, HD Torsion Bars, Moog Cc812s, Cooper Discoverer A/T3 245/70-16
Trail Truck: 2001 Amigo, Auto, 3.2L, Rear LSD, Front Aussie Locker, HD Torsion Bars, OME 912s, BFG M/T KA2 33x10.5R15
RIP: 1988 Troop 2.6L 5spd. Burnt valve(s). Damaged frame. Parted out. Sent to crusher.
RIP: 1998 4WD Rodeo, Auto, 3.2L -- Ruined by Daughter #1 with Russian assistance. Parted out. Sent to crusher.
RIP: 1989 Troop 2.6L 5spd --- Stripped of all good parts. Body and rotted frame sent to the crusher.
RIP: 1999 2WD Amigo, Auto, 3.2L -- Engine blown and body damaged by Daughter #2. Parted out. Sent to crusher.
Hack
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 119 times

Re: starter safety switch on clutch pedal

Postby thumper » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Thanks
:happy10:
Thumper, Boise, Id.:roll: :roll:
thumper
Drives on Dirt

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Audio & Electronics