Axiom info LCD screen clock issues

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

Axiom info LCD screen clock issues

Postby ofg » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:38 pm

2004 axiom. Here lately the clock isnt keeping time. I think its a satellite clock? It just shows a row of zeroes for a while, then mysteriously just pops up with the correct time.

Is it a sat dependnt clock? Isnt that kinda dumb, like the whole radio/ ac/info mess? I possibly am missing a setting to make it keep time?
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Have thanks: 7 times

Sponsor

Re: Axiom info LCD screen clock issues

Postby jleonovich82 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:54 am

after i did my water pump on my 2002 axiom I lost the time on the clock as well. Was working perfect before I had to undo the battery. Just shows horizontal lines where the numbers should be now. Curious if you found a fix yet?
jleonovich82
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby ofg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:22 pm

Hmm, I cant remember if my clock problem started after messing with the battery. All I know is that on a cloudy winter day, I might NEVER get any time display. On a clear day, it starts up and time is there right off. All summer long no problems with the clock. Now, if my sat led isnt lit, then I got no clock. If it is lit,, then sure enough,, Ive got clock,, and its showing correct time when it shows.
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Postby Gaijin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:13 pm

I have an 04 Axiom as well with the same problem...did you ever find a solution?

Where is the LED for the Sat anyway, not sure I've ever seen it? Is it the picture that looks like a Sat? If so, mine is almost always on but no clock.
Gaijin
Drives on Pavement

Postby ofg » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:13 am

I think the satelite clock function somehow gets screwed up when disconnecting the battery. Seriously! There must be a procedure to make it right again? I bought a new b attery for my axiom last year, and sure enough my clock and compass stopped working reliably. never has been reliable ever sinse.

I did get it to work better though. I checked and tightened every ground I could find under the hood. That seemed to help, but its still mostly junk. Dont know how to make it 100% again. Piece of shite car. For every brilliant feature it has 2 debilitating problems. I glued in the buttons on the info screen because they kept falling out, and now the computer mode button dosent work. The stereo system is good, but completely non upgradeable becaue of the cluster of retarded buttons all confused on the stereo, and the tie in to the info screen.

If anybody has solved this issue, please post. Theres alot of folks who need help on this. Every time somebody takes the car in for service, or messes around with it them selves,, it seems the clock / compass quits working. Thats a real problem! It really dosent seem to be an internal electronic failure,, but Im not sure. I think it has to do with somehow re setting the unit, or a proper procedure for re connecting battery???
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Postby Dinkey03 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Follow! Same issue, and mine also has a replaced battery.
Dinkey03
Drives on Gravel

Postby Goauld » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Try this. To set the hour on your Axiom clock, just hold down the "Clock" button until the time starts to flash. Then push that same button as many times as necessary to advance the hours to the correct hour (am or pm also). The minutes will be automatically set by the GPS computer from the satellite connection.

source: http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/12 ... nd-compass
2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 3.2 V6 ; GOLF IV 1.9TDI
Goauld
Drives in Mud

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby Gaijin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Thanks for your reply but, the issue we are having doesn't correlate to setting the time. It has to do with the clock not working properly.
Gaijin
Drives on Pavement

Postby ofg » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:28 am

Is your axiom having any other issues? If so, please list them, such as driveability, funny shifting, holding gears too long, low idle.... Im trying to put together some theories regarding the common failures on these cars.
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Postby Dinkey03 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:07 pm

All of the above, except I don't know what low idle means.
Dinkey03
Drives on Gravel

Postby LulaNord » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi...i am a new user here. I had recently cracked my screen and ordered a new one that is supposed to be compatible with my laptop. When I plugged it in and booted it up, I was getting very weird graphics issues. I have confirmed that the screen is compatible with the laptop. I have checked with an external monitor to make sure the graphics and everything else runs fine. The laptop still recognizes the previous screen, but not the new screen.
Now the question I have is if you think this is a problem with the laptop or with the new screen?
I ask this because it will cost me money if it is a problem with the laptop and not with the screen. Thanks for any help.
LulaNord
Drives on Pavement

Postby Gaijin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Ummm...this is an Isuzu Axiom thread. Its an SUV from 2004. Not a laptop
Gaijin
Drives on Pavement

Postby gwana66 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Based on the age and it being a somewhat common issue, I'm fairly sure the clock/lcd issue is going to boil down to a circuit board problem in the GPS unit. It works fine until keep-alive power is removed, and then it doesn't come back. Sounds like either a cracked or cold solder joint or capacitor failure. I see these on all sorts of consumer electronics, and the heat cycles inside a vehicle certainly don't help.

United Radio in Syracuse NY might be able to fix it. I think they do free estimates if you ship it in. If I had one, I'd crack it open and take a look.
98 Amigo, 2.2 5sp 4x4, 4.77 gears and factory LSD.
Power nothing - No power windows, no power locks, no power engine. ;)
Even the hubs are manual now.
2003 Grille and headlight swap
gwana66
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 205 times

Return to Audio & Electronics