99 Rodeo how to disable factory alarm

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

99 Rodeo how to disable factory alarm

Postby beeheck » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Putting in a remote start and key less entry system and want to disable the factory anti-theft alarm. Have searched and tried but not coming up with much to work with. I have the other unit in and it works but the factory alarm is going off at weird times and for little or no reason. I would appreciate help in locating the box and how to disable that dirty rotten sum of a gun! Thanks guys, it's driving me nuts but it's a short drive so my wife says.
beeheck
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 99 Rodeo how to disable factory alarm

Postby lukosrage » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:56 am

beeheck wrote:Putting in a remote start and key less entry system and want to disable the factory anti-theft alarm. Have searched and tried but not coming up with much to work with. I have the other unit in and it works but the factory alarm is going off at weird times and for little or no reason. I would appreciate help in locating the box and how to disable that dirty rotten sum of a gun! Thanks guys, it's driving me nuts but it's a short drive so my wife says.

I will pm you
--
99' Rodeo Red
Stock 3.2L V6 4X2 Automatic
Its a city rodeo, does not see much dirt.
K&N, Mobil 1 5w, PIAA Fogs/w stock sw.
Triple Trunking Scanner, CB, Valentine One, Aftermarket TPMS, Remote Start w/full stock integration and removal of old keyless module.... the list goes on
lukosrage
Loyal P'up

Postby amigorock » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:06 pm

Hey PM me too!!
amigomike58
amigorock
Drives on Pavement

Postby chasespeed » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 pm

I think this needs to be POSTED...

Mine has developed a damn mind of its own... seems to like to start freaking honking on those 4am leave for work mornings.... or...

Chase
98 Rodeo v6 stick 4wd... 32" Duratracs and stuff....
02 Caddy STS
2011 Chevy Quigley *work van* Yes, I get paid to wheel on a regular basis.
94 FXR
2010 FXDB

Any day I get to use 4 low, and WORK this van, makes a good day at work, go to a GREAT day at work.
chasespeed
Expedition Ready

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby lukosrage » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:01 am

chasespeed wrote:I think this needs to be POSTED...

Mine has developed a damn mind of its own... seems to like to start freaking honking on those 4am leave for work mornings.... or...

Chase

I am sorry this is something I just dont feel google needs, its a paragraph that makes the stock antitheft mesures on the zu worthless. I am not willing to do that to all the users of stock antitheft systems.

It would just be plain reckless. Plus anyone with half a brain and time on their hands should be able to read the schematic and do this themselves. This DIY format I send people is just for novice alarm installers and people who would rather not waste the time.

I give out the data I do just because it would have saved me some time, not to enable people to do this completely. Its not impossible to do it without my aid its just harder.

Hence I do not feel its something that should be posted.

btw your random alarm issue is mentioned in the FAQ
--
99' Rodeo Red
Triple Trunking Scanner, CB, Valentine One, Aftermarket TPMS, Remote Start w/full stock integration and removal of old keyless module.... the list goes on
lukosrage
Loyal P'up

Postby chasespeed » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Okay, while I understand THAT bit of info... no worries. Please send my way.

NEXT, No, this isnt the tail gate.

50/50 chance when I unlock the drivers door... the alarm will go off... then and only then.

Doesnt matter if I lock from inside, or use the key on the outside.

And, with it hovering around 98*..... I doubt the cold has anything to do with it either. But thanks.

Chase
98 Rodeo v6 stick 4wd... 32" Duratracs and stuff....
02 Caddy STS
2011 Chevy Quigley *work van* Yes, I get paid to wheel on a regular basis.
94 FXR
2010 FXDB

Any day I get to use 4 low, and WORK this van, makes a good day at work, go to a GREAT day at work.
chasespeed
Expedition Ready

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby lukosrage » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:27 pm

chasespeed wrote:Okay, while I understand THAT bit of info... no worries. Please send my way.

NEXT, No, this isnt the tail gate.

50/50 chance when I unlock the drivers door... the alarm will go off... then and only then.

And, with it hovering around 98*..... I doubt the cold has anything to do with it either. But thanks.

Chase

pm sent
--
99' Rodeo Red
lukosrage
Loyal P'up

Postby Dae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:48 pm

chasespeed wrote:

Chase

Mine does this too. But it only happens when the terminals on my battery need cleaning. Is this common? its kinda annoying..when im at a shopping mall, and people give me a look, like im stealing it.
"My Isuzu has crossed the Pacific Ocean!... twice!!"

2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS :: 3.2L V6 Auto 4L30E >> clicky for pics <<
Kenwood KDC-X493 deck and speakers all around :: 10" Infinity sub, ported 300 watts RMS bridged
OME 913's :: Monroe Sensatracs + 2" Lift :: Firestone Destination All-Terrain LT245/75R16 + 1" extra
Indy4x brake lines :: Poly swaybar bushings :: Flowmaster 50 Series SUV :: Detroit Truetrac helical LSD
Dae
Donor

Have thanks: 27 times

Postby Philscbx » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:15 am

I have to admit, mine kept going off at below zero temps while I was on tour in Europe all winter. So I was forced getting angry people in the US to deal with it.
Kinda Funny now.
I'm sure it will do it again, so I better look into it.
98 Amigo 4x4 v6 5 Speed
http://cardomain.com/id/Philscbx
Philscbx
Rodeo King

Requests

Postby lukosrage » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Yes, I still use the site- there are a couple of others that I have sent the instructions to in the past.

I just got another PM today- I try and reply same day, I miss my rodeo and wish the best to all you isuzu drivers.

If anyone else wants to carry the torch on this thread let me know and I will PM you- just make a post telling people that you also have my instructions on how to remove the stock key-less module.

I will respond to these emails for as long as I have my gmail account- and I don't see that changing in the next ten years.
--
99' Rodeo Red
lukosrage
Loyal P'up

Re: Requests

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 pm

lukosrage wrote:If anyone else wants to carry the torch on this thread let me know and I will PM you- just make a post telling people that you also have my instructions on how to remove the stock key-less module.

I also have his directions. I can pass it via PM when needed. I check this site almost every day. :lol:

Thanks again, lukosrage!

Kenwood KDC-X493 deck and speakers all around :: 10" Infinity sub, ported 300 watts RMS bridged
OME 913's :: Monroe Sensatracs + 2" Lift :: Firestone Destination All-Terrain LT245/75R16 + 1" extra
Indy4x brake lines :: Poly swaybar bushings :: Flowmaster 50 Series SUV :: Detroit Truetrac helical LSD
Dae
Donor

Postby TheSunDanceKid » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:23 am

to disable it the factory disarm wire is in the driver kick panel its a wire in a white plug and its yellow with a blue stripe its a negative so ground that wire perm and it will be disarmed or if you are hooking up an after market alarm this wire needs to be hooked up to the factory disarm of the new alarm if your having issues
usually it just goes threw the locks

as for the battery being caroded and the alarm going off the alarm is seeing a starve for voltage and is thinking somethings going on such as hot wiring clean the terminals or replace there about 5bucks at autozone and use anti corrosion on them

if your factory alarm has been going off make sure your hood bump stops are not up all the way if the hood is a little raised above the fender it has a hood pin on the passenger side about in the middle directly mounted on the fender it just looks like a rubber button with a 2pin plug attached to it mine used to go off alot because of this i just unplugged it and it stopped happening

you can also check your door pin and hood pin for corrosion it will make the voltage different and some times can cause it to miss read and false alarm
TheSunDanceKid
Drives on Pavement

Postby lukosrage » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 am

TheSunDanceKid wrote:to disable it the factory disarm wire is in the driver kick panel its a wire in a white plug and its yellow with a blue stripe its a negative so ground that wire perm and it will be disarmed or if you are hooking up an after market alarm this wire needs to be hooked up to the factory disarm of the new alarm if your having issues
usually it just goes threw the locks

as for the battery being caroded and the alarm going off the alarm is seeing a starve for voltage and is thinking somethings going on such as hot wiring clean the terminals or replace there about 5bucks at autozone and use anti corrosion on them

if your factory alarm has been going off make sure your hood bump stops are not up all the way if the hood is a little raised above the fender it has a hood pin on the passenger side about in the middle directly mounted on the fender it just looks like a rubber button with a 2pin plug attached to it mine used to go off alot because of this i just unplugged it and it stopped happening

you can also check your door pin and hood pin for corrosion it will make the voltage different and some times can cause it to miss read and false alarm

That does not disable the alarm... all your doing is shorting part of the circuit in hopes that it will stay unlocked, in fact you can substantially increase your phantom load by doing this- and since I ran competition audio and used deep cycle batteries I was not very fond of a draw like that for two weeks as I left my car at the airport.

That will not fix a malfunctioning anti theft module - all that does is make it think its unlocked- and if the unit is damaged or going to annoy you like it did me when I put my remote start in then its much better to pull the bloody thing out and use the wires at the module for your new aftermarket alarm.

Also the issue with any solid state device at low voltage without a proper power circuit is that it will become unpredictable and go haywire, has nothing to do with hot wire detection- You can actually hotwire this car with the stock alarm armed and never have it go off :)
--
99' Rodeo Red
lukosrage
Loyal P'up

Postby ammon91 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:21 am

I plan on installing a remote start / alarm on my wife's rodeo. She doesn't have keyless entry but still has the annoying alarm. Will this disablement pertain to her truck?
ammon91
Drives on Gravel

Postby lukosrage » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:23 am

ammon91 wrote:I plan on installing a remote start / alarm on my wife's rodeo. She doesn't have keyless entry but still has the annoying alarm. Will this disablement pertain to her truck?

Is it a Second Generation Rodeo?
If so then pm me :)
--
99' Rodeo Red
lukosrage
Loyal P'up

Postby dimebag828 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 pm

I stopped my alarm from going off in mine by just unplugging the sensor in the hood so it thinks it's always open lol. I tried pulling the fuse on it first but it still randomly went off all the time so i turned to unplugging it
1998 Rodeo - For sale/part out
dimebag828
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby huskerfreak » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 am

Does anyone know if the method that people are receiving via pm will help disarm my factory alarm in a 1994 Passport. It goes of every time I open my door if the key is not in. I did not get the remote when I bought the vehicle any help would be great.
huskerfreak
Drives on Pavement

Postby Dae » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 pm

huskerfreak wrote:Does anyone know if the method that people are receiving via pm will help disarm my factory alarm in a 1994 Passport. It goes of every time I open my door if the key is not in. I did not get the remote when I bought the vehicle any help would be great.

The wiring is most likely different. Maybe you should start a thread and some of the 1st gen owners can add their input.

Dae
Donor

Factory alarm harness?

Postby ammon91 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:15 am

Does anyone know how to get a schematic for the factory alarm?
I am trying to decipher the pin-out on the flat green plug for
keyless entry / alarm box.
Thanks in advance.
ammon91
Drives on Gravel

Re: Factory alarm harness?

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:04 pm

ammon91 wrote:Does anyone know how to get a schematic for the factory alarm?

Check your PM :wink:

Dae
Donor

Postby ammon91 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks a million Dae. I love this place!
ammon91
Drives on Gravel

Postby Numatik » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Can somebody please pm me with the info on this? I have a friend with a 2000 rodeo and i did the alarm fine, but cant seem to disable the annoying stock alarm!! please help!!
Numatik
Drives on Pavement

Postby Numatik » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:07 pm

EDIT nvm post wasnt showing up because my account wasnt activated yet
Numatik
Drives on Pavement

Postby shukurimu » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Requesting a PM please with how to disable factory alarm. At this point, the alarm never shuts off. I would shoot it, but that would just put holes in the thing and fail it for state inspection!
shukurimu
Drives on Pavement

Postby YellowSnowman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi, I hope this thread is still alive... I have a 3.2 V6 1998 Amigo, and my alarm goes off randomly too. I humbly request a PM on how to disable it. Also, if someone has that schematic for the alarm I'd very much like to see that as well. Thanks.
YellowSnowman
Drives on Pavement

Next

Return to Audio & Electronics