1994 Rodeo, only drivers window works

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

1994 Rodeo, only drivers window works

Postby adam83 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:08 pm

I have a 94 3.2 manual with power window and locks. None of the other windows work, not at their switch or the master switch on the driver door. Only the driver window works. I find it odd that all 3 other windows dont work, so I was doubting a regulator issue, I was more thinking of a faulty window lock out button on the master switch, or power not getting to the switches by some other way. The 30 amp fuse for the windows under the dash is working obviously, because the drivers window works, is there individual fuses for each window somewhere else? Im going to check for that first, then take the drivers door panel of and test for power at the switches and also see if the lock out button is stuck on.

Any other suggestions appreciated.
adam83
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 1994 Rodeo, only drivers window works

Postby adam83 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 am

Got time to dig into my window issue.

I took my master switch in the drivers door panel apart down to the base. I removed the seesaw contacts, cleaned everything up with some light passes with a wire wheel on my electric drill, and hosed it down with some brakekleen. Now every single window works properly.

To anyone who hasn't done this, it seems current for every window passes through the master switch, through the double contact points on the driver window button. Even when I had cleaned all the other window switches they still wouldn't work.. it was only after I cleaned the inside of the driver window contacts that all the other Windows started working.
adam83
Drives on Pavement

Postby adam83 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:20 am

Forgot to mention that the lockout button on the master switch had a problem with the retaining spring. I used a small piece of plastic to prevent the contacts from dropping, which will prevent any further issues with the lockout button. Except for the fact I can't use it anymore. Don't mind, I don't use it anyways
adam83
Drives on Pavement

Postby batvette » Sun May 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Yeah that was the one thing about disassembly of that switch panel... getting the lockout button back together was a pain. I just disabled it. The individual switches can be carefully pried off too but they tend to break if you dont do it just right.
1995 Passport V-6 2wd 5spd.
Solar powered ventilation & sound system w/custom kickpods and 15's:
http://s353.beta.photobucket.com/user/batvette/library/passportstereo
batvette
Trail Master

Have thanks: 17 times

Return to Audio & Electronics