1999 Trooper Gauge Cluster Color Change Help

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

1999 Trooper Gauge Cluster Color Change Help

Postby Hester86 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:12 pm

I am wanting to change my bulbs out to blue and I am wondering if the green filter will make a difference on how the blue led shines through. If there is anyone who has done this mod and has any tips on how to make the color come through better please let me know. Thank you.
Hester86
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 1999 Trooper Gauge Cluster Color Change Help

Postby e30dean » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 am

Ebay has a few kits for changing the troopers bulbs to LED ones and they have different colors. I just went with white ones on mine this weekend and they look great. I bought a set for the speedo and the hvac controls. Took maybe an hour to swap everything out since it was my first time taking apart the dash and I hadn't done any reading on disassembly.
e30dean
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Hester86 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:55 am

Does the green tinting on the cluster make a difference or will the leds cancel out the green? That is my biggest concern. Thanks.
Hester86
Drives on Pavement

Postby fibersport » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Like colors will cancel the light out. I installed red LED's in my switches and had to install an original clear bulb in the hazard switch. I also installed a red LED for the dash light dimmer switch which has a green lens, it still is illuminated however it is dimmer because of the green lens. To answer your question, since green is a mixture of blue and yellow, I would expect a green lens to have at least a dimming effect with a blue LED.
'98 Trooper 5 spd.
(burns oil, not rubber)
fibersport
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby Hester86 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Awesome. Thank you for the explanation. I will be ordering some lights sometime soon to replace all the stock ones. I will try to gets some pictures up of my Trooper soon too.
Hester86
Drives on Pavement

Return to Audio & Electronics