2004 axiom dash lights gone dead

Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Isuzu

Moderator: Staff

2004 axiom dash lights gone dead

Postby ofg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:38 am

Hi all. Electrical problems in the ole axiom again. This time, my dash gauge lights went dead. I think radio lights out too. I checked other lights, tail lights, map lights, other dash lights, all work.

So, its seems just the dash gauge lights and radio lights. I couldnt check horn function because its late and didnt want to make any loudness in the nieghborhood.

Which fuse is it?? Is there a common issue regarding this kind of failure? Other problems seem to be rampant among axioms,, is this yet another?
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Have thanks: 7 times

Sponsor

Re: 2004 axiom dash lights gone dead

Postby totten » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:16 am

Did you check the turn wheel switch on dash too see if it was not turned all the way off ?
2004 rodeo 4x4,3.2,auto Calmini 3" lift, Zone 2" Body Lift, 285/75/16 Mastercraft Courser HXT Tires. Cobra 29LTD CB,Transmission cooler,Functional hood scoop,Skyjacker shocks 8000,Swaybars removed.
totten
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 85 times

Postby ofg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Yes of course. I did forget to see if any lights at all were working with the dimmer though. It happened last night while my kid was driving the car, so I didnt have access to it untill a bit later. Didnt want to make too much of a fuss at night,, and then this morning its too bright out to see if all the dash lights are out, or just the gauge cluster. All the dummy lights come on, and the map lights, and the info screen. I didnt check if lights around the various knobs and buttons were affected. Pretty sure radio lights not working though. My owners manual dosent specify a fuse for the gauge lights.

So, at this point,, I dont even know where to look other than pulling every fuse and visually inspecting,, which is what ima do right now.
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Postby ofg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Kinda sucks,, a week ago the alternator went out in our 2000 rodeo,, and just yesterday we removed it. Then last night the dash gauge lights quit working in 2004 axiom,,,,electrical gremlins living in both cars!
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Postby ofg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 pm

OK, I found the fuse, its the one marked power locks on the interior fuse panel. Funny thing is I pulled the fuse, it was burnt,, then I tried the power locks,, with no fuse,, and they worked. HMMM. I do not know. Anyway, it was a 15a fuse in the slot,, but the diagram called for 20a, so in goes a 20a, and so far the lights are working again, and so do the power locks.
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Postby ofg » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:58 am

Fuse burned again. Also affects parking lights. Any advise?
ofg
Has a Trail Truck

Return to Audio & Electronics