Need help/advice with 99 Amigo rear suspension

Discuss anything related to drivetrain problems here (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Moderator: Staff

Need help/advice with 99 Amigo rear suspension

Postby trailhound » Sat May 13, 2017 1:38 am

My Amigo was used and abused before I got it in 2013. It has always ridden rough, but I thought new shocks would fix most of the problem. I was wrong. I need some direction on what can be done to improve it. I have OEM KYB shocks just put on in August 2016 all which helped a little. The front seems to be good. I've replaced all the upper and lower ball joints, swaybars, and cvaxels. Thought about putting beefier shocks on the rear too. I've also thought about selling it as I don't really need it. I just like it and it is fun to drive. Thanks!
3.2L v6 4x4 auto soft-top (Hard top for winter)
Work in progress
trailhound
Drives in Mud

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: Need help/advice with 99 Amigo rear suspension

Postby egagnon086 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:05 pm

New springs, that would help. I have all the links off mine with pretty low miles on the bushings. Otherwise, you could get new bushings in yours and it would be decent. But it will still drive like a truck if you have 10 ply tires.
egagnon086
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 92 times

Re: Need help/advice with 99 Amigo rear suspension

Postby trailhound » Sat May 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeah I was thinking springs. I don't mind it driving like a truck. I expect it to. It's just really bad if you hit a bump or have a rough road. I bought a Rav 4 so wasn't driving it for a while (it was my daily driver) and took it out the other day. I guess I was used to it and didn't realize how bad it was.
3.2L v6 4x4 auto soft-top (Hard top for winter)
Work in progress
trailhound
Drives in Mud

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Drivetrain Problems