Isuzu SUV Forum banner

97 Trooper Power Steering Return

681 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Holoholo 
#1 ·
Had a major catastrophic leak in my power steering a few weeks ago (it looked like a murder scene under the hood) so I have replaced every line except the return. I was hoping I'd get lucky since I can't find one anywhere. It turns out the return has a leak in it as well. Does anyone know if another years return tube will work? The pictures and diagrams from the 1995 look like it's at least similar enough I could bend it to make it work... Or does anyone know where I can get a new return tube for a 97? I really can't seem to find it anywhere.

#2 ·
Have you checked with Jerry Lemond?

#4 ·
#6 ·
I live in Hawaii and no one had the line so I took it to a hydraulic shop that brazed the pin hole. My second Trooper, the previous owner replaced it just before I bought it and actually had a spare, so I have a backup just in case. Many of the autoparts stores have mixed information regarding the hose and might offer the wrong one. I've learned with the 97 Trooper to have an idea what the part looks like before going to get the replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.