Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Everything's a link now?

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Tad 
#1 ·
I'm sure it was done for cost reasons, but the new links for any part of a car mentioned in a post is kinda off-putting. It also seems to suggest that the person posting about a part might have purchased it from there. Even more so when the links appear in people's signatures.

Just my 2 cents.

#3 ·
Cool. 8) So because I love tech stuff, how is your caching set up? Is it to take the strain off of the database or just the server in general? Just curious. :mrgreen:

#4 ·
I'm in the process of moving from a server that I've run for ages to one on AWS. While I'm working on that transition (and some updates/upgrades at the same time), my current provider started experiencing network slowness. I signed up with cloudflare to cache the website and hopefully help speed up the site while the old provider was sucking. They cache all of the pages, and actually to use them they have to host the DNS as well. Database accesses aren't huge for a site this size. A bigger issue is bandwidth. The caching service should help with that. They also offer a bunch of add-ons, and Viglink was one of them..

-Tad

#5 ·
That sounds like a pretty creative solution for your interim issues. Slow service providers suck. Are you sticking with phpBB on the new server? I've always liked how clean it looks.

#6 ·
Thanks for updating the site, works better i think. It needed it. Thanks TAD Tony :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.