no edit feature

Check here for periodic posting about the status of this website, or post a suggestion for the website

Moderator: Staff

no edit feature

Postby Bansil » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:43 am

What is with the edit button??how are you supposed to edit a post?
La Tortuga...the bus
http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12570
The Turtles' site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/505863/1998-isuzu-rodeo/
My Amigo build "Lowrider"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18800&hilit=lowrider

nfpgasmask wrote: I think it looks like a robot penis, but then again, I have a sick mind.

:) Bart
Bansil
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 66 times

Sponsor

Re: no edit feature

Postby shooter » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 am

Haven't tried it today. Used it a couple of times yesterday. Just used it on this one as well.
1989 Isuzu Trooper S/ 4WD / 2.6 Litre 4 Cyl 4ZE1 Converted to Weber 32/36 Carb / 5-speed Manual (MUA5) / Warn Premium Hubs / Fancy Radio / Deluxe Intermittent Combination Wiper Switch

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints

Some people are like Slinkies; they are not good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
shooter
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 150 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:29 pm

There's an option to set a time limit on editing. This is probably because it's considered bad form if you edit a post after people have replied. Sometimes this makes their answers look stupid. I don't know what the limit is, or even what the default limit is.

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 76 times

Postby Bansil » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Ok right now with both of you responding I still see the button...weird :? my reasoning was to fix pictures etc...not to make people seem stupid...they do that themselves :mrgreen:

I will just live with it...new society...new board :blackeye:
La Tortuga...the bus
http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12570
The Turtles' site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/505863/1998-isuzu-rodeo/
My Amigo build "Lowrider"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18800&hilit=lowrider

nfpgasmask wrote: I think it looks like a robot penis, but then again, I have a sick mind.

:) Bart
Bansil
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 66 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah, I'd much rather have the option (as administrator) of allowing people to edit their post UNTIL someone has replied. But that's not an option that I've found.

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Zu Royalty

Postby Tad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Yea, I changed that because some doofus changed all of his (informative) posts to garbage once he got pissed off. Now there's a time limit to edit. That way you can edit a mistake if you make it while posting, but not after something like a day.

-Tad
Tad
Site Admin

Have thanks: 95 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Tad wrote:Yea, I changed that because some doofus changed all of his (informative) posts to garbage once he got pissed off. Now there's a time limit to edit. That way you can edit a mistake if you make it while posting, but not after something like a day.

-Tad

Oh, yeah. That was reason #3 that I changed it, too. We had the same thing. Wonder if it was the same doofus!

Jack
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Zu Royalty

Postby Dae » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:21 am

I have noticed that on certain members their post all have been edited. And in one case, every single one of his post was edited on the same day, exact time. Which I find impossible unless youre a super computer. :shock:

And I have noticed that for some of them they had spam added to their post or signature, and I remember these members making legitamate post.

I cant seem to find the spam ones I was talking about... but Snotgarbler 2009 and some of trooper T/diesel's post in this thread come to mind.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32700&start=25

I dont know if those were intentional or not, but I have seen that on a few older members that used to frequent here. I sure hope their accounts werent hacked.
"My Isuzu has crossed the Pacific Ocean!... twice!!"

2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS :: 3.2L V6 Auto 4L30E >> clicky for pics <<
Kenwood KDC-X493 deck and speakers all around :: 10" Infinity sub, ported 300 watts RMS bridged
OME 913's :: Monroe Sensatracs + 2" Lift :: Firestone Destination All-Terrain LT245/75R16 + 1" extra
Indy4x brake lines :: Poly swaybar bushings :: Flowmaster 50 Series SUV :: Detroit Truetrac helical LSD
Dae
Donor

Have thanks: 27 times

Postby psguardian » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:57 am

I think trooper-t posted pics that had spam links tagged along.

~psguardian
hot 2.6L build
Her Rig: '06 TrailBlazer Ext 4.0L Strait 6 (my Daily Driver till my rig is street legal)
Dae wrote:Jerry is the Chuck Norris of Isuzu's, he could build one blind folded with one arm behind his back if he had to. :lol:

PNW Zoo Facebook Group
psguardian
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 26 times

Postby shooter » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Was Snotgarbler 2009 someone else here (from florida I think) a few years ago? I recall his posts under another name, specifically a study with pics he had conducted with a trap (parts from lowes) he had constructed which was installed inline on the pcv line. Good info. I went to find it about 2 years ago or so and there was nothing. I was under the impression he became snotgarbler though that part could very well be my feeble mind. Anyone recall what I'm speaking of? Believe he lived in Florida and was enroute to Thailand.
1989 Isuzu Trooper S/ 4WD / 2.6 Litre 4 Cyl 4ZE1 Converted to Weber 32/36 Carb / 5-speed Manual (MUA5) / Warn Premium Hubs / Fancy Radio / Deluxe Intermittent Combination Wiper Switch

Some people are like Slinkies; they are not good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
shooter
Donor
Donor

Postby Selahdoor » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:52 pm

psguardian wrote:I think trooper-t posted pics that had spam links tagged along.

~psguardian

That did explain some of the problem. But I never did figure out how that resulted in spam links in his signature, instead of the post itself.
-Jeff
1988 Trooper LS. 4ZE1. mua5.

How can I help you or make you laugh today?
Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Have thanks: 165 times

Postby Dae » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:13 pm

shooter wrote:Was Snotgarbler 2009 someone else here (from florida I think) a few years ago? I recall his posts under another name, specifically a study with pics he had conducted with a trap (parts from lowes) he had constructed which was installed inline on the pcv line. Good info. I went to find it about 2 years ago or so and there was nothing. I was under the impression he became snotgarbler though that part could very well be my feeble mind. Anyone recall what I'm speaking of? Believe he lived in Florida and was enroute to Thailand.

Was this it?
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=215329

He did post up some good info. Seems pretty odd for all of it to just vanish. The more I think about it.. moving to Thailand and wiping your existance from the interwebz sounds like someone robbed a bank or killed someone.
I can see the headlines now. A Florida man evades police for 5 years, but a tip from a brilliant internet forum leads agents to Thailand. Watch now on "I almost got away with it". Lol. JK. :lol:

Kenwood KDC-X493 deck and speakers all around :: 10" Infinity sub, ported 300 watts RMS bridged
OME 913's :: Monroe Sensatracs + 2" Lift :: Firestone Destination All-Terrain LT245/75R16 + 1" extra
Indy4x brake lines :: Poly swaybar bushings :: Flowmaster 50 Series SUV :: Detroit Truetrac helical LSD
Dae
Donor

Postby TonkaToy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Bansil,

I too have been frustrated by this. It makes a "Original Post" for a thread such as when organizing a trip impossible to update. This is going to be a problem for anyone trying to do this except those few with access to moderate them.

Tad,

Is there a way to have just the original post on an open ended edit option? I understand why you felt the need to change it. It only takes one idiot to screw things up for the masses.
Mike M.
Richmond, VA
2007 Ford Expedition
2002 Trooper SOLD
1989 Trooper LS
Trooper wheelin video and pics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPqIwcA14BQ
http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... rooper4me/
TonkaToy
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 23 times

Postby shooter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Dae wrote:
shooter wrote:Was Snotgarbler 2009 someone else here (from florida I think) a few years ago? I recall his posts under another name, specifically a study with pics he had conducted with a trap (parts from lowes) he had constructed which was installed inline on the pcv line. Good info. I went to find it about 2 years ago or so and there was nothing. I was under the impression he became snotgarbler though that part could very well be my feeble mind. Anyone recall what I'm speaking of? Believe he lived in Florida and was enroute to Thailand.

Was this it?

He did post up some good info. Seems pretty odd for all of it to just vanish. The more I think about it.. moving to Thailand and wiping your existance from the interwebz sounds like someone robbed a bank or killed someone.
I can see the headlines now. A Florida man evades police for 5 years, but a tip from a brilliant internet forum leads agents to Thailand. Watch now on "I almost got away with it". Lol. JK. :lol:

That's it. Good find Dae. I looked for that sucker forever and a day. I'm an I.D. channel junkie. :lol:

shooter
Donor
Donor

Postby Dae » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:22 am

Lol, to tell you the truth it only took Google 0.24 seconds to find it. I just did a search only planetisuzoo.com for "Florzuzu" and it was like the 5th one in the results list.
I like a few series on the ID channel. But some episodes seem like they are stretching the truth. Comcast on demand is awesome, I can catch up when I forget to watch an episode. :D

Dae
Donor

Postby RedStar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:01 pm

2002trooper4me wrote:Bansil,

I too have been frustrated by this. It makes a "Original Post" for a thread such as when organizing a trip impossible to update. This is going to be a problem for anyone trying to do this except those few with access to moderate them.

Tad,

Is there a way to have just the original post on an open ended edit option? I understand why you felt the need to change it. It only takes one idiot to screw things up for the masses.

That's sort of what I was thinking, leave the original post editable, that way you can add pictures and change the title. You can't edit the title after 1 day now.
Roll Tide

'03 Isuzu Axiom - 156K miles (All Black, Everything) - Sold
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=52383
'05 Nissan Xterra Off Road Edition - 75K miles (Wifes)
'00 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport - 101K miles
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=72965
RedStar
Mud King

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby Selahdoor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 pm

RedStar wrote:

Tad,

That's sort of what I was thinking, leave the original post editable, that way you can add pictures and change the title. You can't edit the title after 1 day now.

I don't believe there is any way to leave the original post, and/or title editable, and not the rest.

Besides, leaving even the original, and/or title editable would defeat the purpose of having the edit restriction in the first place.

Might I suggest... if you need something edited, ask one of the moderators.
-Jeff

Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Postby RedStar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Selador wrote:
RedStar wrote:

Tad,

I don't believe there is any way to leave the original post, and/or title editable, and not the rest.

Besides, leaving even the original, and/or title editable would defeat the purpose of having the edit restriction in the first place.

Might I suggest... if you need something edited, ask one of the moderators.

Yeah but that's one thing I really liked. Like on my Isuzu Axiom thread, every time I update pictures and mods, I'd like to be able to put something along the lines of "RedStar's '03 Axiom (Updated 8/16/2011)" in the title
Roll Tide

'03 Isuzu Axiom - 156K miles (All Black, Everything) - Sold
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=52383
'05 Nissan Xterra Off Road Edition - 75K miles (Wifes)
'00 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport - 101K miles
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=72965
RedStar
Mud King

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby shooter » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 pm

We should be able to edit any time. The likelihood that someone screws up a post with an edit is far outweighed by folks who might perform a legit edit days, weeks later.

shooter
Donor
Donor

Postby shooter » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:18 am

Dae wrote:

Was this it?

Dae, check this out. Have no idea how I landed on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSA ... 792wt_1117

Just googled some more. Think I'll do some more reading up on 'em. I find them of interest. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=5&gs_id ... 85&bih=652

shooter
Donor
Donor

Postby Dae » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Looks good shooter. I wonder if that would also significantly help keep the intake and EGR cleaner. Each time I take mine off its filthy. Your intake looked so nice after that bead blasting you did a couple years ago.

Dae
Donor

Postby shooter » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Dae wrote:Looks good shooter. I wonder if that would also significantly help keep the intake and EGR cleaner. Each time I take mine off its filthy. Your intake looked so nice after that bead blasting you did a couple years ago.

Seems like it would help. In the generic google link I sent, there was an interesting narrative: http://www.gassavers.org/archive/index. ... t-290.html Common sense tells me the more potentially corrosive gases and such you can pull out of the system the better off you'll be.

shooter
Donor
Donor

Postby Selahdoor » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

shooter wrote:Seems like it would help. In the generic google link I sent, there was an interesting narrative: http://www.gassavers.org/archive/index. ... t-290.html Common sense tells me the more potentially corrosive gases and such you can pull out of the system the better off you'll be.

I like the concept.

I have, in fact a perfect little catch-can filter for the purpose. I'll be doing this.

It occurs to me that we can have a look at the 'other end' of this, as well.

Strictly talking about 2.6 engines, because that is what I know... Where does the air that the pcv sucks into the common chamber, come from ?

The hose that goes to the top/back of the valver cover, from the back/middle of the crossover pipe.

So, it sucks air out of the crossover, through the head/valve cover, and through the pcv, into the common chamber.

Putting this catchcan filter after the pcv valve looks like a very good idea.

I am wondering if just as good an idea, would be to take the hose off the back of the crossover pipe. Cap that fitting on the crossover. And put a high-flow filter of some kind on the end of the hose that goes into the valve cover.

~~~~~~~

Oh. By the way.
shooter wrote:Common sense tells me the more potentially corrosive gases and such you can pull out of the system the better off you'll be.

This isn't going to be taking any corrosive gasses out of the system. It's a 'closed system'. There is only one place for those gasses to go. Through the same hose that the 'air' is being pulled through.
-Jeff

Selahdoor
Forum Admin

Postby shooter » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Reckon you're right. Looks like the main benefit is to minimize oil consumption and the introduction of oil into the combustion process. Here's a couple of more interesting threads.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-197 ... h-can.html

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine ... oil-2.html

shooter
Donor
Donor

Postby Ian1006 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 am

I would like open edit feature...makes it handy when you are building a DIY or adding to a list, updating as new information presents itself, etc.
97 Honda Passport EX Auto to Manual Converted
G80 Dana 44
TreadWright Guard Dogs 265/70/16 on Snowflakes w/ matching spare
Sensa-trac shocks
Aisin Manual hub conversion
Lifted 2 inches front / add a leaf and custom shackles for 3 inches rear
DIY tie rod protectors
5W40 Rotella T6 / Wix filters

Build thread: http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51622
Ian1006
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 11 times