hello

Say Hi here for the first time. We're all friendly :)

Moderator: Staff

hello

Postby freemitch69 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:03 pm

I am new here and wanred to say thanks to all members for helping me work on my 04 3.5 DI 2 WD,,,,,just replaced fuel injector and couple months ago timing variable oil control valve, new timing belt was on . took the front covers off motor and crankshaft puley,, to find oil leak ,oil was running threw the old timing control valve and front valve cover gasket also had to change rear pinion seal , just recently changed fuel injector, had to make my own adapter for the slide hammer to pull old injector (note clean area well around fuel injectors before pulling them , and do not forget to relieve the fuel pressure ,,,, the end of the old injector was covered in carbon build up, whats the best way to clean top of cylinder head ,will sea foam really work?????
freemitch69
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: hello

Postby wmorrisiii » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Welcome to the zoo free, sounds like you have already had a good experience here, which isn't surprising. This site has a lot of good and knowledgeable people. Sea foam question up often and some guys like it. My opinion on most additives is they don't hurt anything, whether they help is a whole different discussion, and those opinions vary greatly.

Post up some pictures of your 04 when you get the chance. Always nice to see what members are doing to their trucks!
Willie's 1990 Trooper LS, 2.8L
The Duck Marsh Debutante

Willie's 1987 Trooper LS, 2.3L
The Coonhound
wmorrisiii
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 171 times

Return to New Member Introductions