Isuzu SUV Forum banner

New member introduction

780 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Georgia159.com 
#1 ·
Just wanted to greet all, I just joined this site hoping to get info about my recently acquired Rodeo. First, I'd like background on the geneology of the truck. I know next to nothing about Isuzus, except that it's not a huge brand here in the US. Apparently, from what I've been told this vehicle is some sort of clone/hybrid with the Honda Passport of that vintage. So, which company contributed what to the vehicle? If I need a dealer-only part, where would I turn? I can't remember the last time I've seen an Isuzu dealership - do they even still do business in the US? So many questions. Specifically, I'd like to get guidance on good, reputable, reasonably-priced sources for parts for this thing - it took some front end damage and I'm going to have to replace some body pieces along with the radiator and a/c condenser. Again, hi, and any help/info is greatly appreciated. Whoops, I almost forgot - it's an '04 Rodeo, auto tranny, 3.2 engine, base model.

#2 ·
Welcome! This is the best community to be a part of as an Isuzu owner.
Good idea to put your vehicle specs in your sig so members can give you the correct info if you ask questions. And your general location in your profile. Finding parts in Atlanta is a lot different than say in South Dakota.

Isuzu is a large company but other than commercial trucks they are no longer in the US. Isuzu has a strong relationship with GM so there is a lot of GM influence and parts on our trucks (a good thing in some cases).

The Honda Passport & Acura SLX were rebranded Rodeos and Troopers respectively,as Honda had no truck/SUV models when SUVs got hot in the US Market. So they partnered with Isuzu for a good while until the Pilot was introduced.

I had a deer collision two years ago. I got most of the parts at Pick & Pull junk yards. Only radiator and AC dryer were new,and reasonable at O'Reilly's.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply and for the tip about putting vehicle info in my sig. I've never been a forum person so I'm pretty new when it comes to tips and tricks of posting. From what you said about the distribution deal between the companies, it seems that this is primarily a Honda vehicle (?)

#4 ·
jshall said:
Thanks for the reply and for the tip about putting vehicle info in my sig. I've never been a forum person so I'm pretty new when it comes to tips and tricks of posting. From what you said about the distribution deal between the companies, it seems that this is primarily a Honda vehicle (?)
No,the opposite...All Isuzu.

A Honda Passport is just an Isuzu Rodeo... the only "Honda" parts on a Passport are the make/model badges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.