Its been awhile but I pretty much got everything finished. I reconnected the wire harness, using the old brackets and connectors when I could and several zip ties. There is also the cable that comes off the ignition switch that needs to be zip tied as well. I used two zip ties on this...one around the cable between the two nuts, and then the other goes thru the first zip tie and then thru the hole in the plastic connector at the end of the cable pulled tight enough to keep the cable from pushing out. I also didn't think to attach the vent line coming off the transfer case before I installed the transmission so I just attached the hose and looped it around the shifters and then zip tied it behind the shifter under the shift boot. I can get to it really easy later if I want to extend it.
I then reinstalled the drivers side exhaust. I used the Fel-Pro gasket with some copper exhaust sealant around it to hold it in place while I installed it. Little tip... do this before installing the crossmember if you can. I ended up having to remove the rear crossmember again and because you can't get the exhaust pipe in place with it there. I also had to remove the two 12mm muffler hanger bolts and push that slightly back as well. I bought two new gaskets for the rear flanges as well. One of them fit good but the other side was two big and the bolt hole were in the wrong spot so I just notched out the un-needed material without cutting into the crush part of it. I tried to find the right gasket but none of the parts store here could help me. Not even the muffler shop had it. Whatever..it works.
Next I attached the reverse lights with a connector I made using a two prong connector from the old auto shifter assembly. I used some sealant on it to waterproof it and used heat shrink tubing over the connections and over the whole connector as well. The two black wires coming off the transmission, tie into the wires from the old RMS connector and it does not matter which wire you connect to the other.
I filled the transmission with Valvoline 5w-30 and the TOD unit with Castrol Transmax Import Multi-Vehicle ATF fluid, and while I was at it changed the engine oil and filter as well.
Last I installed the front heat shield around the wire harness and then installed the new heat shield I made for the slave cylinder. The slave cylinder shield will need to be installed after you bleed the clutch.
Ignition cable zip tied:
Connector I made for the reverse lights:
Here is the exhaust gasket I had to modify to make fit:
Front heat shield. You have to make a little bracket like this to make it fit:
Front heat shield installed:
Slave cylinder heat shield I made. I ended up rounding those corners off afterwards: