6ve1 stand alone ECU

Discuss anything related to drivetrain mods here (Engine &Transmission Swaps, lift, gearing, exhaust, etc)

Moderator: Staff

6ve1 stand alone ECU

Postby dung_beetle » Tue May 16, 2017 3:06 am

Hey first post here, I have a 99 jackaroo here in aus and I'm looking at replacing the factory ecu with Wolf 3d V4 as can get it for next to nothing, has anyone got a pinout wiring diagram for the stock ecu? i would like to know what the ecu runs besides the engine, i may have to leave the factory ecu in place to control other things, any help would be appreciated
dung_beetle
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: 6ve1 stand alone ECU

Postby CyrodiilSavior » Tue May 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Assuming your truck is 6VE1 auto, the PCM is located under the center dash area under the radio/etc. I don't know anything about the Wolf engine managment system so I can't help you there.

The PCM has 3 plugs, here are the pinout for what each controls:

I think you may be biting off more than you can chew. The PCM control both engine and transmission functions and both work together. In addition other modules talk to the ECU in a network. Modules such as the ABS unit and the TOD (assuming you have TOD) removing the PCM might cause issues but I can't say for sure. Best case scenario, you delete the PCM and you'll need separate solutions for engine control and transmission control. Thankfully the transmission is pretty straight forward (2 shift solenoids, 1 pressure control solenoid, 1 TCC solenoid, 1 PWM band apply solenoid)

If you have a 4jg2 or 4jx1 then I can't help you there. Don't know anything about the diesels unfortunately. You guys get all the funs stuff (Heard some not so great things about the 3.0 though)

Anyway hope this helps if you have any other questions I'll see what I can do!
99 Trooper. Black 170k miles - April 2015 AT Rebuild (Soon to be have 4JG2T swap :wink: )
99 Trooper. Green 240k miles. - April 2013 AT Rebuild/December 2013 Engine Rebuild/April 2016 SUPERCHARGED!
CyrodiilSavior
Drives on Dirt

Have thanks: 9 times

Re: 6ve1 stand alone ECU

Postby dung_beetle » Wed May 17, 2017 2:37 am

wow, thankyou, that is awesome, mine has been converted to manual trans, by the looks I will keep the stock pcm in there but I will splice in the wolf to run fuel and ignition
dung_beetle
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Drivetrain Mods