Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1993 Amigo rear drum to disc conversion

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  gb89amigo 
#1 ·
Hi all, Has anyone here converted their early amigo with rear drum brakes over to discs or know how? I have a 1993 2wd all stock. Thanks .

#5 ·
Tmoff,

FYI: All, AFAIK, 2.3L Amigo's had rear drum brakes and the smaller 5 spd trans w/cable clutch and the smaller brake booster. So, if changing over to ALL disk brakes, recommend changing to the larger brake booster as well. A fairly easy way to upgrade is to change to 2.6L components, a bolt in! You can source them from 2.6L Amigo's and Trooper's with leaf spring rear axles of similar vintage. As for LSD third member, you can source one from '93-'97 Troopers/Acura.

Plenty of upgrade info in this forum. Happy reading!!!

More fun awaits you!

Cheers,

GB

#7 ·
tmoff said:
gb89amigo ....Thanks for the info. I'll start looking around for parts! How might this effect the parking brake?
Cables hook up to the discs differently than the drums, when you get the disc brake parts make sure they include the matching p-brake cables.

#8 ·
Tmoff,

Since we're discussing brakes, also check out: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34845 for your front brakes!

Here's an excerpt: [glow=red]Postby JLEMOND » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:51 pm

loggingroadrodeo wrote:
I have a 92 rodeo and the brakes suck,the upgrade is 93 and up .

THE SAME BRAKE UP GRADE WILL ALL,SO WORK ON THE EARLY RODEO SINCE IT USED THE SAME BRAKES AS THE EARLY TROOPER AND THE 2.6 PICKUP AN EASY UP GRADE , JUST GET THE BRAKE SYSTEM FROM ANY RODEO 93 -99 AS LONG AS IT WAS A V6 ENG , AND ANY TROOPER FROM 92 -2002 ALL WILL BOLT RIGHT UP, EXCEPT THE TROOPER BRAKE LINES JERRY[/glow]

HTH, Cheers,

GB

#10 ·
tmoff said:
That's great info. Thanks. This means I could get all the parts for the big front brakes at the auto parts store? Yes ? 95 rodeo v6 rotors and calipers.
Tmoff,

Yes, except for the dust shields. They probably don't have the larger V6 shields!

Cheers,

GB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.