DOHC to SOHC Intake

Discuss anything related to drivetrain mods here (Engine &Transmission Swaps, lift, gearing, exhaust, etc)

Moderator: Staff

Re: DOHC to SOHC Intake

Postby Johnny V » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 am

I'm going to give the MUA5 another chance. Bearings are cheap enough and the pilot bearing adapter is only 10 bucks. Can someone point me to a sintered clutch for it? Any heavy duty clutch would work as long as it can hold 400tq with a load.
Johnny V
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 1 time

Sponsor

Postby geoffinbc » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Exedy is about as good as it gets for our applications. Their website might list torque capacity.
1990 Trooper, 3.2L (3.1L .040 over) Pushrod V6, 5 speed manual. 33X10.50X15 BFG M/T KM2's. 3" OME Lift. Cowl Induction Intake. ARB Lockers front and rear. HD Tierods.
Off the road for an overhaul right now.

Big Bore Intake Kits & Greasable Shackles Here
geoffinbc
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 323 times

Postby Johnny V » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:08 am

I found out that late model Honda Accords also have a 1" shaft and 24t splines. They have 11 1/2" disks as well which is what I needed. There are about a billion clutches to choose from for Accords. I haven't stabbed this motor/trans back in the truck yet so I don't have any updates on what might work. I am taking pictures though so when its finished I can set up a complete thread with details. Also this time I've decided to use(or attempt to use) the Isuzu ECM to run the LS. I'm still going to be using the 6LS ignition box to control the spark but I'm going to try to let the stock ECM handle the fuel. It should also give me all of my gauges back so I can get rid of the GM truck cluster. You can run an LS on just about any OBD2 ECM when you use the MSD 6LS. I have to figure out injector impedance so the drivers can can run them with the right PWM but it should be as simple as splicing the Isuzu harness pigtail to the LS injector harness. The last thing I'll have to do to make it work is make an adapter plate for the Isuzu throttle by wire throttle body to bolt to the LS intake manifold. Again, should be a pretty simple process.
Johnny V
Drives on Gravel

Have thanks: 1 time

Previous

Return to Drivetrain Mods