Ticking from front end!!

Discuss anything related to drivetrain mods here (Engine &Transmission Swaps, lift, gearing, exhaust, etc)

Moderator: Staff

Ticking from front end!!

Postby Austin7019 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Okay so I bough a 2003 Isuzu rodeo 4x4 3.2 about 4 months ago. Hadn't had any problems till now. When I engage my 4x4 and get on the pedal I hear this clicking noise. Both boots are sealed not leaking, Changed one of the U-joints from the T-case to the front diff (The one that connects to the diff), Checked the diff oil and it seems fine. I'm slowly hitting rock bottom. It doesn't seem to matter which way I turn my wheels fast or slow it makes the noise. But ONLY IN 4x4. Any thought of what it could be would be extremely helpful! Thanks.
Austin7019
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: Ticking from front end!!

Postby egagnon086 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:43 am

Have you checked the nut on the end of the axles, they may be loose. You could have a bad bearing in the knuckle itself that the cv axle rides on making noise. It could be something wrong inside the axle actuator.

If you can, lift up the entire vehicle and put it in 4wd and see how each wheel/axle is driving, you may need to "hold" one to get the other to move as you have an open front end. I had may axle actuator make noise trying to engage and just grinding up the axle shaft.
egagnon086
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 98 times

Return to Drivetrain Mods