Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Big site announcement

253K views 74 replies 31 participants last post by  Badmalky 
#1 ·
Good morning everyone,

Since I created the Planetisuzoo web forum in 2003 the community here has grown and matured. With it I have managed to keep up with demand, as well as make some improvements along the way. While I have enjoyed making the site available to you all and enjoying the company of the members around here, I have decided to transition the ownership and maintenance to someone else. I intend to stick around and participate (hopefully more with the extra time I'll have available), and the rest of the moderation team will still be around as well. You can pretty much expect things to be business as usual around here.

When I decided to explore options for lightening my load on the back-end side I was looking for options that would perhaps allow for better support from someone who does this every day. I ended up reaching out to AutoGuide.com, a company with many automotive enthusiast websites under their management. While I would have liked to discuss the transition process with you all publicly, that was not an option due to the terms of the transfer.

The website has already transitioned to AutoGuide.com's servers, and soon you'll see a new member or two on the mod team from AutoGuide.com. You can reach out to any of them with questions or concerns, or any of the existing moderators.

As I have mentioned numerous times before, I can't thank you all enough. It really is the easy-going members here who make the community what it is. Because of the AutoGuide.com method of maintaining the uniqueness of the sites that they control, I have little worry that Planetisuzoo will continue to be as wonderful as it is now, and for the foreseeable future.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask.

-Tad

See less See more
#53 ·
Yeah, the site has become somewhat unstable. It crashes on my computer due to long scripts. Which is what I was afraid of. It has to do with advertisements. This site was always better than the rest because, well the people here are top notch. But it was also fast loading and stable, but I'm seeing a trend towards slow and unstable, but the peeps are great as ever.

#54 ·
Wow. I just checked the new site on my phone. I guess it's a mobile version but it seems very cumbersome. The avatar is not beside the posts anymore and everyone's signature starts immediately after the body of the post. This seems like a step backwards to me. I switched it over to full site just so I could clearly read the content.

#55 ·
N law said:
Wow. I just checked the new site on my phone. I guess it's a mobile version but it seems very cumbersome. The avatar is not beside the posts anymore and everyone's signature starts immediately after the body of the post. This seems like a step backwards to me. I switched it over to full site just so I could clearly read the content.
I agree, it doesn't have the "flow" the old site had. A bit hard to read.

#57 ·
Hey guys!!! Oh man am i glad to find you all! I own a 93 trooper and 98 rodeo I'm building for my kid as her first car (per her love for the off-road) and live in a place dominated by everything else but isuzu. I am but a lone pistolero (gunman) with my two Zus in a sea of mostly jeeps...and we keep up just fine!! Thank you thank you and happy trails!

#58 ·
Rdelao9476 said:
Hey guys!!! Oh man am i glad to find you all! I own a 93 trooper and 98 rodeo I'm building for my kid as her first car (per her love for the off-road) and live in a place dominated by everything else but isuzu. I am but a lone pistolero (gunman) with my two Zus in a sea of mostly jeeps...and we keep up just fine!! Thank you thank you and happy trails!
Really weird place for an introduction (hijacking a thread), but welcome to the Planet. ;)

There's actually a "New member introductions" section.

Jack

#59 ·
These Congrats amazon user pop ups are really getting annoying. It's happened twice while browsing already. I hope this doesn't last long.

#61 ·
N law said:
These Congrats amazon user pop ups are really getting annoying. It's happened twice while browsing already. I hope this doesn't last long.
+1 These popups are really getting annoying especially on mobile phone. I am already a prime member and don't need any more selling.

#66 ·
What's up with the annoying adds and pop-ups? I thought registered members weren't supposed to be being served adds. Ag_Admin seems to be awol for a good while. Has this site changed hands again or something?

#68 · (Edited by Moderator)
AG_Admin made a commitment to be on the site "daily" to make sure things were running smoothly. It ain't happening, they haven't been here in about a week. But I guess the revenues must be flowing fine, especially with those obnoxious pop-ups.
CF5CAD19-1025-4214-AD98-EF4E0B977540.jpeg

And they promised some sort of "help desk" for site issues. Haven't seen it.

Jack

Attachments

#69 ·
Gee whiz! I get a notification that there's a new post and I can hardly log in with the stupid pop up that blocks the log in screen! This is sad

#71 ·
AG_Admin said:
Sorry for this guys. They should be gone now. Was improperly configured on my end and shouldn't have been visible to any site members

Kevin
Kevin, that's understandable, and I appreciate the candid response. But I'm still concerned about the general unavailability of the admin team since AG took over. The commitment was to be "on the site daily" but I'd be perfectly comfortable if you had a process by which to submit issues rather than expecting you to comb through every post.

Is there a "help desk" type system still planned?

Jack

#72 ·
Yes. The root of the problem is that the reporting system we use is incompatible with the software we use here. Which is why I get tasked to watch manually, and I've been remiss in that lately. Watching this site is an extra responsibility I have on top of my regular work, and when things got hectic on my end I started letting things slip by me. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in that regard (no more "I'll respond to this later" attitude).

But we do have a plan to fix this, and that's moving to new reporting software. I don't know how far along that plan is, but we do recognize that our current system is lacking and we want to fix it

Kevin

#73 ·
hey kevin, how about making a few of us super internet savvy folks admins here?
or even admin a few guys in some sections that want to spend the time on the board?

#74 ·
We have a few users who have the mod powers to deal with day to day tasks. Selahdoor for example. The most sensitive functions (things that could take down the site) are kept IP locked to prevent attacks, which is where I come in (or am supposed to at least)

Kevin

#75 ·
Tad,
I'm a late comer to the site (just got an 86 Trooper II), but thank you for all the work you've done.

Seeing how much time and love you've put into the site, I'm sure you put as much consideration into who would carry the torch. Hope you get to go out and play more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.