Isuzu SUV Forum banner

In my wildest dreams.

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  super-RS-trooper 
#1 ·
Worlds record.

How about with open sights and a $99 gun

Love the talk in that one. Never thought about the fact that at these distances the bullets go subsonic.

#2 ·
I like it. The only gripe is that you won't find a $99 K31 anymore unless the person has no idea what they have. It would be like finding anything in 50BMG for $1500. There are beat up K31s for $300, and even a beat-up K31 will outshoot a Nagant but $99 is dreaming.

Anyway, nice skills there in both videos. I wish I shot half that good.

-Tad

#3 ·
Ballistics is crazy science. I watched another after these that was filmed at Gunsite. The spotter was the 50 cal 1000yd world champion. The gun and scope they shot was probably $10k in 338 lapua. They just kept moving out a 100 yds at a time till they found where the bullet went subsonic. 1,300 yds it was still on the money. By 1,500 yds the bullet was subsonic and went crazy unpredictable and they couldn't hit a barn with it. I've never shot real long distances. That kind of stuff never occurred to me. I'll never shoot this kind of stuff. But I find it real interesting. Same kind of issues us normal guys deal with at 100-200 yds amplified tenfold. I recently went through a couple of boxes of ammo trying to get a 22 with a new (not bore sighted) scope on it sighted in. Wet day and couldn't see where I was hitting at 50 yds. Huge target and it took a lot of rounds to get on paper. Once that was done it came together. Can't imagine trying to do that with open sights at over a mile! :shock: And those folks have some issues that who knew existed until somebody tried it. Wish I had the eyes and the space to try that kind of shooting.

#4 ·
squatch said:
Can't imagine trying to do that with open sights at over a mile! :shock: And those folks have some issues that who knew existed until somebody tried it. Wish I had the eyes and the space to try that kind of shooting.
Any target past 100 yrds is difficult for me to see even with my glasses. The front sight tends to cover the target. That is why I really like your new front sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.