Tannerite sues NBC.

This forum is for the discussion of outdoor activities, other than trail rides

Moderator: Staff

Tannerite sues NBC.

Postby Sags » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:31 am

http://bearingarms.com/tannerite-sues-n ... l-slander/

And I hope they win big.

All the BS, hyperbole and sensationalism in that "report" nearly makes my head explode. His mock outrage attitude of "You mean I can stuff that explodes!!! In a sporting goods store!!!" And the title of the piece "Bombs for sale" "Dangerous Explosives" :roll: Has Mr. Genius there never thought about how explosive the gasoline he pumps in his car every few days is? Or how about the 20lb propane tank under his patio grill? Tannerite is far, far more stable and safe then gasoline, propane, diesel, natural gas, etc. Smash it, burn it, shock it, whatever Tannerite is perfectly safe. Meanwhile gasoline fumes can explode merely from the static electricity caused by sliding off your seat on a dry day. Tannerite is not even considered hazmat when shipping.

And all that B-roll of fiery explosions... yeaaaa.... Tannerite doesn't make a fireball, all those fireballs where likely gasoline, propane or some other accelerant.

If an individual where so inclined, they could do far more damage with the gasoline this reporter buys every week. How about diesel and fertilizer? Heck you can buy all the chemicals you need to make real bombs (various sulfates and nitrates) on eBay shipped to your door. Used as directed Tannerite is harmless, and real terrorists have much better options.

I hope Tannerite take NBC and that buffoon of a "reporter" for all they can, and I'd also like to volunteer Dick Blumenthal along with Bloomberg for the first manned Mars mission... hopefully very soon.
'99 Rodeo 3.2L LS 4wd, 5 speed, 265/75 r16s and 3" lift.
Sags
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 42 times

Sponsor

Re: Tannerite sues NBC.

Postby Dingbat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:54 am

Jeff Rossen the "investigative journalist" for the "report" should be on that list too.

Interestingly enough NBC is wholly owned by Comcast, so hopefully Tannerite goes after their pockets as well.
1997 UCS7VF (Rodeo / Passport / Frontera)
Wry Wench build thread
3-inch Calmini Lift Kit, Indy4x 1.5-inch Leaf Lift
Dingbat
Trail Master

Have thanks: 61 times

Postby squatch » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Kinda reminds me of the shitstorm from the sensationalized TV thing on the GM pickup saddle tanks a few years back. Where they actually used explosives to make the tanks explode.
These links have write-ups and pics of most anything you ever will do on a 2.6 Isuzu. Engine, brakes, suspension, interior, you name it! Enjoy!
Original '88 Trooper frame off build.
viewtopic.php?t=12172
The continuing Trooper project.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43909
My '88 Spacecab build. In progress.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=56442
squatch
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 328 times

Postby JLEMOND » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:00 pm

squatch wrote:Kinda reminds me of the shitstorm from the sensationalized TV thing on the GM pickup saddle tanks a few years back. Where they actually used explosives to make the tanks explode.

AND GM CAUGHT THE BASS TURDS RED HANDED AND LET THEM GET AWAY WITH WITH HARDLY ANY MONETARY DAMAGE , EXCEPT WE WONT DO IT AGAIN. COULD BE THE REASON THAT THEY KEEP FLUSHINGOUT THE FAKE STORIES AND ALL THE MADE UP INFO.
JLEMOND
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 247 times

Return to Outdoor Life