Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Winter Camping In The NorthWest

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Opelfrontera 
#1 ·
Bad idea but my brother and I went back up to Wynoochee to camp last month. I'm just getting around to posting the very few pictures that I took.

First patch of winter mud I saw I had to dive in.

With the hubs in 2x4 I quickly sunk in and stopped

Put it in 4WD and drove right out. This place is way out with no campgrounds or services of any kind, Just miles of bad roads that lead to other bad roads. It's an Outdoorsman's paradise!
We had a place in mind, But the roads going up that far were just to bad for us...

However, we came up on a camp site that was set up by someone.
They had an outhouse

Even a makeshift shooting range with backstop

We set up and tried to find some dry wood and get a fire going.

Finally got to put my roof rack to use

Took us about 2 hours and a liter of coleman fuel, but we got a raging fire going

It was a cold night sleeping in a tent with my brother.
In the morning we made some good eats and coffee, My brother did most of the cooking

As you can see we have all the right camping supplies
Then we packed it up and drove around to look at cool ****
Believe it or not, this is a Bald Eagle

Then we drove and drove the bad roads, getting beat up by huge pot holes and came out on the 101.
We took the 101 to the beach and got a hotel room, Kinda cold and wet still for camping!

See less See more
#3 ·
HELL YEAH IT IS!!!!! man that's some pretty country up there..... living in the concrete jungle makes me miss the sticks sometimes..... lucky dawgs......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.