Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Bad Accident - Motorcycle! GRAPHIC PIXS

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  mr_spicoli 
#1 ·
Here's the bike itself after it ran into the back end of a semi-truck trailer at about 100+ MPH.

Here comes the B-A-D part

(WARNING: GRAPHIC PIXS!)

This is him - lifeless and kinda normal-looking - so far:

Now we get a better view of the situation:

A close-up:

WARNED YA!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks man, I'm just going to pick up my motorcycle in about an hour (from wintering in my folks barn)...

#3 ·
I got DOA'd in a bad accident (still can't remember the year!) and took over a year to learn to walk again. I was driving a KZ-650 KAWASAKI 4 cylinder roadster with a Kerker 4-into-1. It was fast in it's day.

Like this:

I got TA'd by a guy in a LUV on the San Diego Freeway one Friday evening in June and he side-swiped me and set me into a nasty tank slapper. I was trying to get to the side and slide it out in the ice plant, but he hit me a second time and ran me over.

I got run over by two or three more cars after I stopped and things went blank for a while.

He was (police report) blowing a .027 alcohol and had Quaaludes and PCP in his blood test.

I had my intestines sticking out of my rear, a fractured pelvis (still is), broken right arm in two places (compound), a fractured clavicle, shoulder and right thumb.

A punctured right lung and four broken ribs on that side, two on the other.

I had my right ankle shattered and my left ankle broken. My right knee cap was missing as was my coccyx (and they couldn't find the exit-wound).

My right leg was rotated backwards 180º and totally dislocated.

Wearing a helmet was a good idea as it had two distinct different tire marks on it. It is still on display in Sacramento, CA.

It had me in Intensive Care for 6-months in full traction and dialysis. I didn't know anyone, not even my wife.

It was not a fun year. Still isn't as these things are coming back to haunt me physically as I cannot remember much of the whole year but for police reports and the court case.

If an off-duty nurse hadn't stopped and held my head and chest up so I wouldn't drown in my own blood, I'd be dead. I think she also ran me over at least once, as she showed up at the hearings to see if I would recall it. When I couldn't give a description of the other cars, she got up and left. Funny, huh? She had really beautiful black hair I remember.

#5 ·
I found it on Snopes a while ago. The pixs were on an old computer that I recently fired up just to get some XP-Pro updates as it's been off-line for a year or so. There they were in an old version of Picasa.

They said he was traveling at 100+ in the dark, no lights and just smack ran into the back of a pair of wiggle boxes.

The semi driver thought he heard or felt something, but drove a while until another motorist flagged him over and told he he had a hitch-hiker.

#7 ·
Except for his brain exploding and probably faceless, looks like a couple of broken legs (at the ankles) was about it. Hate to be ghoulish (well not really), I 'd like to see the count and amount of sustained injuries. Interesting.

#8 ·
kncrsr5r said:
I'm still trying to figure out why this is in OUTDOOR LIFE?
It happened outdoors?

There was pics of a guy that went THROUGH a Taco Bell that were REALLY graphic, but can't find them anymore on the net cuz I believe the family sued the cops over leaking the photos. Here are the 2 pics I could find showing half of the bike and the entry point

Basically, one of his feet was found in the ceiling, different parts scattered and his body laid against a curb on the other side of the tacobell, head laying against it, looked like it had 5 sticks of dynamite shoved in his mouth. I myself have been in a motorcycle wreck, and I got LUCKY!! I was riding back from Biketoberfest in Florida when one of the guys in a group of about 20 wrecked into a concrete barrier. His bike flew out and into me, putting me into the inner barrier and I came off the bike and landed on the other side. I was not wearing a Helmet either (yes I know I was stupid, no excuses) and just got 2 cuts on my head (very small), but broke my knees and had VERY horrible roadrash on my bike (had a jacket and 2 more layers of clothes, but I hit feet first and they just slid up and went bare back on fresh blacktop). I barely missed landing in oncoming traffic, I landed in a small construction zone that was coned off on the interstate. I had to get some staples and stay in bed for awhile.

#9 ·
That sounds unpleasant. I wear armored riding gear most of the time, at least the jacket (and helmet of course). My jacket and my pants are supposed to be able to zip into eachother, but the teeth are different. Pretty stupid considering they're the same brand. That would reduce or prevent the backside road rash in theory. Hope I never have to find out.

Luckily my bike isn't very fast, it's a dual sport, low geared. I've taken it on the interstate, but it's winding out at 65-70MPH, about 7k RPM I think (redline at 9k).

#10 ·
Ya my accident was on my Harley Sportster :( The one funny thing about the road rash was it looked like a giant penis on my back until it healed up lol.

#11 ·
RamAirZ said:
The one funny thing about the road rash was it looked like a giant penis on my back until it healed up lol.
Bet it looked really funny paddling out on a surfboard. :lol:

#12 ·
lol I was stuck at home for awhile and then crutches for a few months so no surfing lol. I did however go out mudding with a friend and we both got stuck for like 5 hours. Everyone else had to dig because I couldn't walk hahaha. For those of you who care, here are some pics of my injuries (I've broken ribs, my back, my knee before, but road rash is the worst pain I have ever felt!! Picking gravel out of your back and then lysol soap hitting it for the first time, I about fainted), enjoy :twisted:

My old bike :*(

My injuries, staples and all

#13 ·
I had a lot of raspberries too, and it was the hospital that caused me a lot of pain. The put me on a "sheepskin" mat to keep my circulation alive in my back and butt, and it healed into my back.

The bad part was when they had to peel me out of it. It took over 3 hours and they even let me have a nurse to squeeze for the pain.

#14 ·
Ya I hated getting out of bed when my back would be stuck to it lol. Yours sounds worse though

#15 ·
SurferJoe said:
and they even let me have a nurse to squeeze for the pain.
Whose pain? :lol:

#16 ·
road rash is no fun at all, but as far as pain goes I think the worse I've ever had to go through was when they pulled the pee tube out after my by-pass surgery...no pain killers or anything. I'd say for a guy that's about on par with giving birth :shock:

#17 ·
I still think my road rash was worse. I was in a hit-run accident at 16 that broke my back in 3 places, broke a few ribs, killed part of my kidney and lacerated my liver (they didn't think i was going to make it because of that). The nurse was wiggling her hand pretty bad pulling my pee-tube out and man did it hurt, but the rash was far worse, lasted longer too lol

#18 ·
From snopes:
The fatal accident depicted above took place on U.S. 169 near Tulsa, Oklahoma, during the early morning hours of 17 April 2007. The motorcyclist, 26-year-old Brandon Lee White of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, was traveling at an estimated 120+ mph when his motorcycle struck the back of a tractor-trailer rig.

When you're going that fast a helmet does no good, a brain bucket if you will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.