Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Backyard Deer

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  robertdarin 
#1 ·
I 've got a problem with deer at my house in Georgia.Their horning and eatting all my trees and bushes.I have tried to hunt them with my bow because its in city limits.But they are so familiar with the area they pick me right out.So I have a plan to cut out a hole in the barn loft and wackum!! But my daughter says thats not fair chase. I say alls fair in love And war!

#2 ·
slaughter them, I hear that they are opening alexandria and northern va urban areas until March because they are rampent through the urban areas.

Souns like you have trees so why not set up a tree stand and wait them out. :lol:

#3 ·
mmmmmm venison...... yummy.....

#5 ·
Damn! He's on to us.

#6 ·
Well saturday I put my plan in motion. I got in the barn loft made a perfect shot on a nice 8 point. I waited 1 hour and tracked good blood trail for about 100 yds then nothing. I seached all day everywhere no deer . I don't give up easy but there was nowhere else to look. All I can hope for is it was a non life threating injury. I guess even the best layed plans go wrong.

#7 ·
goatman said:
Well saturday I put my plan in motion. I got in the barn loft made a perfect shot on a nice 8 point. I waited 1 hour and tracked good blood trail for about 100 yds then nothing. I seached all day everywhere no deer . I don't give up easy but there was nowhere else to look. All I can hope for is it was a non life threating injury. I guess even the best layed plans go wrong.
did you find your stick? hopefully it's not walkin around with it still. they're pretty resilient creatures.

#9 ·
Well I didn't hit it with a arrow. I got to thinking about my archery skill and took along my rifle . I made a perfect shot right behind the shoulder with a cci hollow point. I've took down quiet a few whitetails with the same gun at close range without a problem. I mean 10 to 15 yards. Even if I don't find the deer they are so over populated it will help the others.

#10 ·
22LR? Not Legal, but you should not use hollow points. use 40 grain solid points and either way you did not get to the lungs / heart or you would have found the deer within 40 yards. Cross bow is better for your situation. Practice your shot. 22LR has probably killed more deer in the USA than any other caliber. BUT, you must hit the heart / lungs. A hit on the shoulder will deflect and you lose the animal.

#11 ·
neck shots work well with small caliber rifles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.