Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Gone camping

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TonkaToy 
#1 ·
I took my '73 Apache Armada pop-up camper out last weekend for it's first trip since I bought it a month ago! It was a lot of fun and I know some things I am going to change like adding a heater. The a/c worked great during the day, but it got strangly cold at night. That will change the more we get into summer!

#2 ·
You can get by in the cold with a nice thick sleeping bag. I got Cabela's Magnum 44 -20 rated sleeping bag, and it's gotten me through some tough cold nights down to -10 (Fahrenheit) where the whiskey was frozen in the morning.
I've been out camping a couple times this spring already, and I've got the spring turkey hunt coming up! That's gonna be 5 days, May 11th-15th. I can't wait to drag some more huge oak logs back to the campsite with my Rodeo!

#3 ·
There are some catalitic heaters on the market called "big buddy" by mr.heater I believe. The pop-up people rave about then for those who don't have a furnace.

Check out www.popupportal.com for pup info. Great site!

Good luck and enjoy the new-to -you camper!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.