Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Did a little fishing today

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  m-79_grenadier 
#1 ·
I went to this little pond that's like 10 min. from home. I'd fished here before on a weekend and it was so packed I didn't stick around long. Now that I'm working graveyard I can go on weekday mornings :D (I was the only one there for the first few hours). Don't mind the super crappy pics of the fish, I was by myself and trying to hold the fish and the camera at the same time. I just got two little (8-10" or so) rainbow trout, it was just nice to get out. Pretty cool place for being only a few minutes from home.

See less See more
#4 ·
That looks like a beautiful area. Nice rainbows too!

Rainbows are pretty good if you wrap them up with a coupe of lemon slices in some tin foil on the grill. Mmm good! Germn brown is pretty good too.

Usually what ill do is put whatever I catch on the stringer and if by the end of the day I dont have enough for a pretty good sized meal ill let em go.
But one time I was at a family reunion thing in greer (near sho-low) I had 4 good sized (like 12-13 inchers) rainbows on my stringer and a racoon came and took the whole thing when I was getting sodas out of the truck. Man was I pissed. I could see the thing form the truck and the bastrd just kind of yanked the sting out of the creekside and lumbered away with it. I ran like hell to catch the theif but he was gone with my catch by the time I got back to my foldy chair. :evil: This creek is a pretty popular area for people to fish, but this guy was just bold. I mean its like he was waiting for me to walk away so he could snatch them. At least it was only one of those cheap nylon stringers, and not my good chain one. I thought racoons were nocturnal anyhow. :?

#7 ·
It was a few years ago and im still kinda pissed about it. :lol: That little creek has always been good fishing for the amount of people who fish there. I guess the wildlife is just used to them by now. :roll:

Kind of like the seagulls at sea world. God I hate those things. The squirles at the grand canyon are the same damn way. I remeber when I was about 9 and I was sitting on the wall outside the visitor center when one took the ice cream right out of my cone. God damn! :evil: I was looking right at it in my hand when it took the whole ball of ice cream and split. I remember that and riding the railway there. Thats about all I can remember from my grand canyon trip. :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.