Isuzu SUV Forum banner

My first deer

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  richard wilkinson 
#1 ·
All my buddies got me hunting this year and I finally got a deer. Now all I have to do is get one with my bow. Had to put them on the roof since I didn't bring a trailer. My buddy got a doe and I got a young buck. We both nailed the pump stations. I had a 100 yard shot and his was about 160. Now that I got one I'll wait for a older one next time. I just couldn't let him go. Got several people looking when we drove through town check it out.

See less See more
#4 ·
Was harder than I thought getting them up there. Two of us were on the roof and the thrid handed up the back legs then we grabed the front. Put a nice dent in the roof but it popped right out. Still on my wish list to get a 2" hitch and cargo basket, sure would have been nice that day. I hate dragging my 6x10 trailer around its such a pain to back up.

#6 ·
Congrats on your buck. I sometimes use a 6x8 cheapo tarp to put the deer / hog in the cargo area of my Trooper until I am ready to quarter it and put it in the ice chest. The hitch N haul receiver works great too. I'm bummed deer season is over here.

#8 ·
Good looking buck there. I got my first one a couple of years out of HS. I always told myself I would mounth the first one I killed, so being in college made that tough, but he is looking down on me as I type!

I now get to introduce my sons to hunting and they are pretty stoked. I hope you get to pass it along to your kids one day as well. We need more true outdoorsmen these days.

#9 ·
awesome photo, i love the blood dripping down the side. Your trooper looks beast and made for the woods.

i bet the PETA people didn't appreciate it...."i love animals, they're delicious"

just tell them it is "organic" meat

#10 ·
here is a shot of my deer from 2 years ago. It was actually the biggest deer i've seen in my life, just happened to be in the stand during muzzleloader season.

One shot, one kill!

Deer tremble at the sound of my name....

#11 ·
Yes the Troop's a beast. Nice deer. My buddy got a huge low and wide 12 point this year. Never could get an arrow to stick. Overshot a couple of does. I'm hooked though. Put a scope on my 22 pistol and bought a turkey choke for the shotty. Need to go drop some squirrels and then I want a turkey. Hunting money is cutting into Trooper money but at least they go together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.