Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Went fishing in the Sierras this weekend.

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ezlivin11 
#1 ·
I went fishing in the Sierras but I didn't catch a single thing. I met a co-worker and a friend of his who caught everything we ate. We camped in Mammoth Lake at Lake George. The weather was fantastic and scenery was amazing!
Let me add that camping with two geologist in the mountains was very educating to say the least.

Dinner=Pan fried Trout

The fishing. This is John, not me.

Convict Lake

Lake George

Some other lake

And a trip with geologists wouldn't be complete without a tour of the natural hot springs. Geologists love volcanic activity! It was pretty cool to see. It was called Hot Creek due to the natural hot springs that feed into it. The public wading pool was closed because the water was too hot. See the pitures below.

This picture doesn't look real but it is. This is the Hot Creek and the valley it runs through. The Sierras are in the background.

Same valley in a video clip.

A hot spring feeding into the creek. Imagine sticking your finger in a pot of hot coffee, that's how hot this was.

Aside from not catching too many fish, we had a good time.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweet! You left coasters have to much scenary and should send some of it to the right coast. We'll send you some ugly old red brick buildings in exchange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.