Isuzu SUV Forum banner

S&W sigma .40 cal

11K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  modestmike19 
#1 ·
anyone on here own one of these?ive read some good reviews and some bad, I would like to hear anyones opinions on this handgun... thanks.

#28 ·
wow thats amazing and i will buy a sa the next time i am in the market!

#30 ·
.45s good round, but I like being able to shoot through concealment. If youre being shot at with a .45, car is cover. If shot at with a 9mm, car is concealment. Worked the road for 8 years, had to think about things like that.
Pistol was a 7.62x25. CZ-52. Yes it's ugly, awkward, etc. But an 86 grn bullet at 1300 fps? Or handload 90 grn XTP's at 1500, in a handgun?

#31 ·
cz's are good guns i know alot of ppl that have them plus they are fairly afforadable.

#34 ·
Spend the extra on at least the Taurus. Actually have heard good things bout them. The Hi-Point is BIG, HEAVY, and simple spring blowback. No actual Lock-up to the action. I know people who have them. They are either bouncing around under a truck seat, or on a shelf in a garage. I wouldn't carry one, and I'm uber cheap! There are soo many choices: Taurus, Kel-Tec, Kahr, Glock, Springfiled, Sig, Smith and Wesson, etc. The sub-compact and compact 9mm has become a pretty competetive market, prices aren't too bad.

#35 ·
From the options you have listed...Taurus, Taurus, Taurus. They are about as good as you can get at that price point, unless you buy used. Don't forget; you get what you pay for. Hi-points look like, function and are built like toys; great for the ghetto. I know the reviews are good, but all in all I think you would be happier with something a little more "high end". Remember Taurus has a lifetime warranty as well...

#36 ·
I have a Taurus PT111 9mm for concealed carry, great little gun for $350. I even qualified at the departments range with it. Same course of fire as my duty weapon. I just got their 24/7 in .40 cal. only put 50 rounds through it but so far it's great. Most comfortable handgun I've ever shot. For a full size 40 duty weapon you can't beat 400 dollars.

#37 ·
Please nobody take offense to this, this is just my opinion.
I had one of those Taurus PT111 Millenium in 9mm. I absolutely hated that thing. It jammed constantly, and no it wasn't the ammo as I only shot Lapua 9mm luger through it. It was just horrible and I could not depend on that thing to save my life.

HOWEVER,

I got a great deal on the Taurus PT 24/7 in .40 S&W.
At first I couldn't hit a barn door at 50 yds, had a friend try it, he is a gunsmith and he couldn't hit anything. I called Taurus and they sent me a DHL shipping label. I sent it in, they replaced the barrel and I have not had a single problem with this piece since. I absolutely love it, it is by far the most comfortable handgun I have ever had the luxury of shooting, and I have shot quite a few.

#38 ·
bringing it back....
i have a taurus millenium .40 and i love it!! its model PT140 PRO
its small but thats the point. i bought it because this is what im going to carry when i get my CHL
for home defense......i've got an A3 bushmaster flattop, 12 gauge shotgun...and a Kel-Tec Sub2000 (9mm)with a few 33 round clips.
for the price....i would recommend a kel-tec to anyone. it looks neat....cheap to shoot and is fairly accurate inside a 100 yards. plus its pretty compact. it folds up into 16X7 i believe. very neat gun. check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.