Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Camping Food

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  wild92rodeoman 
#1 ·
Was thinking about it today and realized we love taking are trucks in the woods and see what they can run over, but the second best part of camping is FOOD! So I thought I would share my favorite camping recipe for you all to try if you get a chance.

Trout A La Beer Bacon

Breakfast Recipe

Have to catch your Trout or it is not the same!

1 fresh Trout
1 Can of horrible non light beer (I use Pabst, not a fan of that stuff, use what ever you want)
1 strip of the fattiest bacon you can find
1/4 tablespoon butter (you can add more here if you like)
Garlic salt

Gut the fish cutting off the head and tail but leaving the scales and spine in tact, slice it along the belly the length of the fish. Clean out the guts really well, so you don't get the fishy taste in it. Now take 1 strip of bacon and insert it into the fish where the guts use to be. Spread the butter on the inside of the fish on the meat side so it is between the meat and bacon. Add a dash of garlic salt just to give it a little hint when it is done cooking. Now wrap the fish in tinfoil leaving a spot to pour a 1/8 can of beer onto the fish. Seal the foil and place it on the fire and when you ready to flip to cook the other side pour another 1/8 can of beer into it. Depending on what you are cooking on will determine you cooking time. I always use lower heat to let the meat soak everything up real nice. When the fish is about 5 minutes to being done pour the liquid in the tinfoil out to let it dry out a little, this would also be the time to remove the bacon and maybe add a little more butter or salt depending on your taste.

Since this is a breakfast meal, fry up the used bacon and cook some eggs ( I hope you all know how to do that) to go along with the fish. You can even add a little beer to those to give them a kick!

Always a great way to start off the day, so enjoy!
Evan

See less See more
#3 ·
Jerk, Im hungry now, THANKS.....lol

#4 ·
Been known to enjoy a few foil dinners.

Most food I make at home I can make camping. I do like to make breakfst burritos

tortillas
mild chedder cheese
sausage
chopped green chiles
salsa

alternate ingredients:
sliced jalpenos
diced/sliced onions
mushrooms
fried potatoes

Brown sausage in skillet, warm tortillas and add other ingredients to taste. Stuff and eat. Repeat if desired.

#5 ·
MMMMMM beeeerrrrr yup you can never go wrong cooking with beer I use hamms myself but to each his own! I will definately try that recipe although not a big fan of trout maybe this'll change my mind. Well guess it's time to go fishin! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.