Isuzu SUV Forum banner

The Night Sky

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  sailor 
#1 ·
Well, I recently I upgraded to a new telescope so I can start seeing some of the deep space objects and to learn a little more about how to navigate the stars. Well, I snagged a pair of binoculars (Nikon 12x26mm) to scope out what I will be looking at each night and started looking at the moon and stuff and let me tell you it has been very interesting studying it at low magnification. I am more use to looking at it upwards of 50x and it is a whole new experience at 12x. Just wanted to let you all know binoculars are useful at night too, just in case you would want to give it try. Oh and FYI if you have a set of binoculars that have around a 50mm objective lens you can get a look at Jupiter and Saturn.
Evan

#2 ·
I just use my tasco binoulars. Its actually really suprising how much visibility you have with them at night. I dont have a large telescope yet, but my binoculars at around 30x power actually do pretty well for their small size. I was able to recognize even some of the farthest out objects.

Sometimes Ill also use them to look at the stars and stuff too. :lol: :lol:

That was a joke. :wink: :lol:

#3 ·
i use my binoculars to look at birds and wildlife in my back yard. we even get deer and sometimes coyote, and foxes. One good thing about having a county park behind my house. Oh, occasionally look at the hot neighbor girls too :) shhhhhh dont tell the wife

#5 ·
I have a buddy who is seriously into astronomy. Because of listening to him talk about telescopes, I can rattle off terms like Schmidt-Cassegrain or apochromatic refractor like nobody's business... :lol:

But it is cool to look at Saturn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.