Case International 1130

For all things chrome plated and greasy that don't mount to the truck

Moderator: Staff

Case International 1130

Postby Cronk » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:09 pm

I found a deal on craigslist a while back, been working to fix it up, thought I would share the experience.

This little tractor is a Case International 1130 2wd hydrostatic. It has about 3400 hrs so it isn't exactly new. Engine is 3 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel and still runs well, no smoking. It has a 60" woods deck and was used primarily in a mowing business to mow commercial lots. The sheet metal is beat up, was missing the grille and headlights. The sheet metal side panels came with it but some of the brackets were missing. Somehow the front weight bracket got bent. Guessing the damage to the sheet metal occurred at the same time. A power steering line is leaking but other than that, it has no other issues that I have found.

From what I learned on a few tractor forums, this tractor is a Mitsubishi platform. Case International produced it one year in red as the 1100 series. A few years later, Cub Cadet used the rights. They ran it under the 7000 series for about five years. Following Cud Cadet, Mihindra used the rights to call it the 2000 Series. Not a whole lot changed between models other than the colors and decals.

Without further ado, here are the pictures I took so far.

At purchase:
at purchase 1.jpg

at purchase 2.jpg

Once I got it home, I gave it a good scrub and took the deck off. Lots of cleaning and degreasing. Deck needed a new paint job. It's seen a lot of use. Stress cracks have been welded up in several places.

I took the hood off and straightened it best I could. It had cracks on both corners so I welded them back and did some body work. Not show quality but better than it was.

hood.jpg

I bought a new grille. Learned something about these, new parts are expensive! I was able to get some used headlights though.

new grille.jpg

I had to re-weld the grille bracket as it was broken off the frame. Also made a new bracket to hang one of the side panels on. I cleaned up and repainted the side panels and portions of the rear fender. Also re-welded the exhaust since I had the welder out.

I prepped and painted the grille and had to fab up some brackets to hold it and the headlights in place. I used some old mesh office file sorters as the grille mesh.

new grille installed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cronk
Subscriber

Have thanks: 89 times

Sponsor

Re: Case International 1130

Postby Cronk » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:07 pm

I've had a lot of spare time lately. Took advantage and did some more work on this project.

I replaced the leaking hydraulic line which was pretty straight forward, but required the dismantling of the dash and steering column. Had the front tire repaired. Picked up a 3 point hitch for it (previous owner had removed or never had). Replaced the seat. To use a Rural King universal seat, you have to drill new holes in the seat mount. Made some battery hold downs. Refreshed the paint and made a grille guard. After all that, I installed some new bolts on the deck, greased it real well and remounted it. I tried it out on my front yard. Mowed the yard in record time! Pretty happy how it turned out.

Grille guard. I made it to bolt to the weight bracket. To add weight, this will need to come off.
IMG_4295.JPG

Test fitting grille guard.
IMG_4296.JPG

Finished for now. Had to tighten down my new hydraulic line. Was leaking where it connected to the cylinder.
IMG_4300.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cronk
Subscriber

Postby JLEMOND » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Cronk wrote:I've had a lot of spare time lately. Took advantage and did some more work on this project.

I replaced the leaking hydraulic line which was pretty straight forward, but required the dismantling of the dash and steering column. Had the front tire repaired. Picked up a 3 point hitch for it (previous owner had removed or never had). Replaced the seat. To use a Rural King universal seat, you have to drill new holes in the seat mount. Made some battery hold downs. Refreshed the paint and made a grille guard. After all that, I installed some new bolts on the deck, greased it real well and remounted it. I tried it out on my front yard. Mowed the yard in record time! Pretty happy how it turned out.

Grille guard. I made it to bolt to the weight bracket. To add weight, this will need to come off.
IMG_4295.JPG

Test fitting grille guard.
IMG_4296.JPG

Finished for now. Had to tighten down my new hydraulic line. Was leaking where it connected to the cylinder.
IMG_4300.JPG

DANG JOE THAT THING IS LOOKING GREAT, NICE LOOKING TRACTOR, WHEN YOU GET IT RUNNING REALLY GOOD BRING IT DOWN AND WE CAN HAVE A PULLING CONTEST , LOL JUST KIDDING A LITTLE , I SAW A TRACTOR THE OTHER DAY THAT YOU COULD LITERALLY DRIVE MY TRACTOR INTO THE BUCKET THAT WAS THE BIGGEST DAM TRACTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN, THE FRT BUCKET ON THAT THING MUST HAVE BEEN 20 FT WIDE .
JLEMOND
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 247 times

Postby Cronk » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:28 pm

LOL, yeah you'd beat me hands down! When this one grows up, it wants to be like yours! I swear they make them bigger and nicer every year!
Cronk
Subscriber

Postby JLEMOND » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Cronk wrote:LOL, yeah you'd beat me hands down! When this one grows up, it wants to be like yours! I swear they make them bigger and nicer every year!

YEP THE MORE GOODIES THEY ADD , AND THEY AINT CHEEP, I REALLY WANTED THE CABIN ON MINE WITH THE AC FOR SUMMER USE , BUT NEARLY 10 GRAND FOR IT , NOPE NO WAY, A SMALL LONG SQUIRREL CAGE FAN MOUNTED IN THE CEILING IS GOING TO DO JUST FINE
JLEMOND
I am the Stig

Postby Van » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:39 am

You plan on using that to cut your yard. :shock: :lol:
Van
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 87 times

Postby Cronk » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:42 am

Van wrote:You plan on using that to cut your yard. :shock: :lol:

One time for shits and giggles. One of my neighbors has a massive John Deere garden tractor for his tiny yard so I had to mess with him.....

Took it to my parents to help manage some work around the old farm. Ran it for an hour knocking down the weeds in the pasture. Temperature came up a little, from what I read these had an issue with cooling so I might add a small electric fan as a precaution.

Rodeo with 5 speed towed it ok. Just a bit slow off the line.

image.jpg
Cronk
Subscriber

Postby JLEMOND » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:48 am

Cronk wrote:
Van wrote:You plan on using that to cut your yard. :shock: :lol:

One time for shits and giggles. One of my neighbors has a massive John Deere garden tractor for his tiny yard so I had to mess with him.....

Took it to my parents to help manage some work around the old farm. Ran it for an hour knocking down the weeds in the pasture. Temperature came up a little, from what I read these had an issue with cooling so I might add a small electric fan as a precaution.

Rodeo with 5 speed towed it ok. Just a bit slow off the line.

image.jpg

SEE HOW MUCH ROOM YOU HAVE IN FRT FRO A PUSHER ELECT , JOE , I HAVE A BUNCH OF DIFF SIZED FANS FROM THE OLD IMARKS.
JLEMOND
I am the Stig

Postby Cronk » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Will check Jerry. Seems like I have a few inches is I keep the battery to the front.
Cronk
Subscriber

Postby red cube » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Very nice. A quick question; does it fit into your garage? That rollover bar seems kinda high... Also, is there a snowblower attachment for it? Seems a shame to use it just in the summer.
for Lo! I am Isuzu: consumer of fuel and harbinger of rust;
Look upon my tires, ye potholes, and despair!
red cube
Trail Master

Have thanks: 23 times

Postby Cronk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:15 am

red cube wrote:Very nice. A quick question; does it fit into your garage? That rollover bar seems kinda high... Also, is there a snowblower attachment for it? Seems a shame to use it just in the summer.

Thanks! Yeah It just barely fits! Like by maybe an 1/8 of and inch, it's tight with the roll bar up but it clears. I've been looking at front mount and 3pt snow blowers but I just can't justify the price. Not right now at least. the tractor is now roaming free on 10 acres of farm at my mom and dad's place until I can talk the Mrs. into a larger spread to build our dream house.
Cronk
Subscriber

Return to Tool & Shop