JLEMOND Style Transmission Jack

For all things chrome plated and greasy that don't mount to the truck

Moderator: Staff

JLEMOND Style Transmission Jack

Postby gruff54 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:40 pm

After a tip from Jerry, I put this together. Transmission is held very secure. I was always afraid it might fall off the jack before. Not any more. Thanks for the idea Jerry!!!

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'88 Trooper 2.6L 5 spd
'89 Trooper 2.6L 5 spd

gruff54 was thanked by:
1999Amigo4WDBeamer
gruff54
Trail Master

Have thanks: 56 times

Sponsor

Re: JLEMOND Style Transmission Jack

Postby red cube » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Oh man, that's so much better than the adapters I tried! I've still got the old mount from the last swap, so I know what I'll be building in the shop next week! Oh, wait... gotta do the taxes... okay, the week after that!

On a slightly different note, what I did use to finally get the trans mounted was running an engine hoist through the front door, and picking up the trans from the main (3-bolt) shifter I welded a ring to a simple flat plate and bolted it to the trans with the shifter bolts. The trans balances very well from that point, although you do loose the ability to put the trans into gear and rotate input shaft to help line up the splines. I am still gonna make a jack adaptor for the MUA-5...

Mark
for Lo! I am Isuzu: consumer of fuel and harbinger of rust;
Look upon my tires, ye potholes, and despair!
red cube
Trail Master

Have thanks: 23 times

Postby DSUZU » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Similar to mine, but mine was plywood, holds up fine, much easier to make. Dennis
1991 LS Trooper 2.8 V6 5 speed conversion (Sold)
1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N airfilter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64060

The American dream is getting farther and farther away from the American.

If your wife has 5.00, and you have 20.00, your wife has...25.00

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."
DSUZU
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 616 times

Postby NE_farmhand » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:56 pm

red cube wrote:Oh man, that's so much better than the adapters I tried! I've still got the old mount from the last swap, so I know what I'll be building in the shop next week! Oh, wait... gotta do the taxes... okay, the week after that!

On a slightly different note, what I did use to finally get the trans mounted was running an engine hoist through the front door, and picking up the trans from the main (3-bolt) shifter I welded a ring to a simple flat plate and bolted it to the trans with the shifter bolts. The trans balances very well from that point, although you do loose the ability to put the trans into gear and rotate input shaft to help line up the splines. I am still gonna make a jack adaptor for the MUA-5...

Mark

Put it in gear before putting the lift plate in place.
90 amigo, 2.6, can be a fun little bugger
NE_farmhand
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby imamonstertruck » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Well, I'm going to take this one with me :D

Mr. LEMOND is genius

Thank you for sharing

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:
-91 Trooper, 3.4 V6, 5speed, 4.77 gears, 3:1 Revo T-Case Gears, HD tie rods, 3" body lift, 2" suspension lift, 1.5" diff drop, 33x10.5x15 BFG A/T,
Round Eye Swap (JDM marker lamps).

1989 Trooper RS http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=81642&p=722882#p722882

Previous Troopers and Build Thread->http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63260

1988 ISUZU TROOPER WORKSHOP MANUAL

"There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live."~ Dalai Lama

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”Dr.Suess

Aaronmcvay84 wrote:I think with isuzus there is a more mature crowd that realizes the value of their hard work. They keep things.
imamonstertruck
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 164 times

Return to Tool & Shop