Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Official 1st gen Trooper hood scoops

81K views 369 replies 52 participants last post by  redcentinela 
#1 ·

As of 10/2017 hood scoops are not available. I will update my post if they become available again. The shop I use is changing owners and the person that makes my parts is retiring. Until I find out how this affects my parts, pricing etc I have to pause Gen1Trooper.
Sorry,
Rob

T-nuts glassed in providing 5 solid mounting points
Reinforced center section
Metal mesh screen installed
A quality hood scoop manufactured for me by a professional fiberglass company here in the U.S.A.

$200 each. $30 Ground shipping/handling within the lower 48.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks so good!

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

#5 ·
3M acrylic double sided automotive tape applied..

I think I am going to change from the current mesh to a more solid mesh..this will also add more support to the opening of the scoop..
Other than that I think it turned out nice..it was painted pure white so it looks a lot fresher then the rest of my original paint 90 Trooper but in person its really close..shows up more in pics..Drove today at speeds and the wind here is insane today so it did just fine...

#8 ·
It is curved outward and looks that way..The solid mounts run all along the back and sides as shown..the original plastic insert in the mouth is rigid and just helps to support the opening, also the factory scoops looks like injection molded. The aluminum mesh I have in mine is very pliable but it looks good and works fine but I will be changing the mesh to a more rigid style aluminum..this will give the mouth of the scoop some additional support and rigidness..

#12 ·
ramzoom said:
Shameless bump.................... :roll:
no shame in that bro!...

cheers

#13 ·
imamonstertruck said:
ramzoom said:
Shameless bump.................... :roll:
no shame in that bro!...

cheers
I think he says it is shameless because sales are lower then expected.

I have been incorrect before though. :|

#15 ·
Yes they are for sale now...
Yes I have sold 1 so far which is a little depressing...(but Thank you Bart!)

Its Christmas time and the holidays so I know its a tight month..hopefully they will pick up.

I have a couple guys that have told me they want one in the near future which is at least nice to know..

#23 ·
Yay Bart!

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.