Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2017 Spring Uwharrie Run April 27-30

29K views 177 replies 26 participants last post by  Hack 
#1 ·
The poll is closed and this year the Spring Uwharrie run will take place April 27-30.

In :D
Van: Site #30 April 26-30
Hack: Site #25 April 26-30
paulevans76: Site #19
Jerry Lemond: Site #32 April 26-30
reran: Site #28, April 26-30
MarcusInMD and sons: Site #34, April 26-30
superswire: Site #24, April 28-30
Shaggy: Site #38, April 27-29
Ditchdoc, JP, Daniel (Nick Maybe): Sites #10, 13, 26 & 50, April 27-30
btw1549 : Site #7, April 27-30
wmorrisiii: April 27-29
Ssiggy: Site Holiday Inn April 28-30

Out :(
Timberwolf
88toy4x4
JAXCO
egagnon086
Joe D
Squatch
TonkaToy & Smitty

Maybe :?
DRaider90
theXO
Phototrooper: April 29
phototrooper, mrdunge, and the DMD
Smiley (and it's a mighty big maybe)
lorenzo816 and his "How to Demo"

News, Information, and Updates:

Guide to Uwharrie National Forest:

Link to the Forest Service Guide to Uwharrie National Forest.

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

MAP AND DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps Directions to the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

To get to the Arrowhead Campground from the Outpost, turn left out of the parking lot. Look for the sign for the horse camp and turn left on SR1154. Make a right at the "T" intersection onto SR544. Go past the horse camp to the stop sign at the next T intersection. You will see a sign saying Arrowhead Campground is to the left. Make the left onto the dirt road SR597. Make a right at the sign marking the turn to the camp ground on SR597B. The road is paved just before you pass a dump station. When you get into Arrowhead, keep your speed down and watch out for the speed bumps. The road will fork. You have to go to the right because the road becomes one way. The camp sites are well marked by numbers and with the last name of the person making the reservation.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting (passes are $3 per day and are available at the Outpost). So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
Reactions: Van
#2 ·
I'm in.

#3 ·
Hack said:
The poll is closed and this year the Spring Uwharrie run will take place April 27-30.

In :D
Van
Hack: Site 25 April 26-30
paulevans76

JERRY SPACE 32 26 - 30

Out :(

Maybe :?

News, Information, and Updates:

Guide to Uwharrie National Forest:

Link to the Forest Service Guide to Uwharrie National Forest.

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

MAP AND DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps Directions to the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

To get to the Arrowhead Campground from the Outpost, turn left out of the parking lot. Look for the sign for the horse camp and turn left on SR1154. Make a right at the "T" intersection onto SR544. Go past the horse camp to the stop sign at the next T intersection. You will see a sign saying Arrowhead Campground is to the left. Make the left onto the dirt road SR597. Make a right at the sign marking the turn to the camp ground on SR597B. The road is paved just before you pass a dump station. When you get into Arrowhead, keep your speed down and watch out for the speed bumps. The road will fork. You have to go to the right because the road becomes one way. The camp sites are well marked by numbers and with the last name of the person making the reservation.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting (passes are $3 per day and are available at the Outpost). So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

#6 ·
#10 ·
Put me down for a maybe. If I don't come out for the entire weekend like the good ol' days I will at least try to make a day trip.

#11 ·
Count us in (for now!) I will book a site soon. Maybe I will have all of the troopers leaks fixed by then.

By the way. Shifty's trans problems seems to have mysteriously disappeared after replacing the IAC with a known good part (yeah I know right? Can't be.) I guess the sacrifice of a front tooth was enough for the Isuzu transmission gods.

#12 ·
Havent booked yet, but short of death or jail, I'll be there with Amy for at least a Friday afternoon til Sunday run with you fellers and fellettees, hoping to have the vx running again AND bring the new (to us) and first I've ever seen lifted (around here anyways) trailblazer for a shakedown :) woohoo !!!

#13 ·
I'll be there. Might be bringing the little one if mamma lets me take her out of school for a couple days

#15 ·
I'm hoping to make it for the 28th-30th.

I have some parts for sale if anyone is interested, I can bring a 4.77 front 10-bolt 3rd, 4.77 gear set for a 2nd gen D44.

#17 ·
I'm hoping it is the phototrooper, mrdunge, and the DMD caravan again. Mikey (phototrooper) is starting at the VA State Police academy in March (clap, clap) so we're hoping they let him loose for a day. I still need to teach him how to shoot :lol:

#18 ·
I put you all down as maybe. Let us know if and when hope turns to definite.

#19 ·
My vacation has been approved! I will be there. Still waiting to hear about Smitty. He is tentatively in, but he is still waiting to hear about his vacation request.

The plan as of now is that we will tow my Trooper down for it's maiden run at Uwharrie. I need to reinforce a few broken body mounts, and address the fuel leak on the tank vent hose. Other than that, it is good to go. That being said, I don't think it is ready for the road trip, wheel, and then road trip back, so it will be trailered for headache protection. :lol:

I look forward to seeing you guys in the spring, and look forward to planning a menu for Saturday night. I have a few ideas, but am always open to requests and suggestions... Except from Reran. :lol:

Reactions: superswire
#22 ·
TonkaToy said:
My vacation has been approved! I will be there. Still waiting to hear about Smitty. He is tentatively in, but he is still waiting to hear about his vacation request.

The plan as of now is that we will tow my Trooper down for it's maiden run at Uwharrie. I need to reinforce a few broken body mounts, and address the fuel leak on the tank vent hose. Other than that, it is good to go. That being said, I don't think it is ready for the road trip, wheel, and then road trip back, so it will be trailered for headache protection. :lol:

I look forward to seeing you guys in the spring, and look forward to planning a menu for Saturday night. I have a few ideas, but am always open to requests and suggestions... Except from Reran. :lol:
Yes !!! Just saw this Mike. I'll be on time for dinner this year lmao. We can bring pretty much anything. I sold my trailer but may borrow one just to bring extra wood and maybe the grill and some spare parts. As a fat guy I have to know what the food plan is. I live life one meal at a time haha. Be good to see you guys again !!!

#23 ·
Since winter has decided that it's not too interested in bothering the east coast this year we are going to get the "Cube" next weekend and get it ready for the summer camping season and of course Uwharrie!

#26 ·
MarcusInMD said:
Time really seems to be dragging on for this to get here this year.
Well it is still only February! Just wait until we get into April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.