Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Spring Uwharrie 2015: April 23 - 26

38K views 123 replies 28 participants last post by  sun2moonzuzu 
#1 ·
The poll is closed and this year the Spring run will take place during the 4th weekend in April.

In :D
JLemond ~ Site #32, Apr 23-26
Van ~ Site #30, Apr 22-26
Ssiggy ~ Cabin, Apr 23-26
Shaggy ~ Site #12, Apr 22-26
Smiley* ~ Site #37, Apr 24-25 *(...that is; assuming I finally make it back again, this time -- if not: BIG Group Site!)
poprivetj1 ~ Site #33, Apr 23-26
reran ~ Site #34, Apr 23 - 26
FirstGenTrooperGirl - Site #39, April 23 - 26
sun2moonzuzu - Site #38
slainer - Site #19
paulevans76 - Site #43

Out :(
heckcreek
TomSuddard
95phoenix
Neutron
Hack
Squatch

Maybe :?
TrooperJ2
sassee
MarcusInMD
egagnon086
Arlie123
Bansil

News, Information, and Updates:

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps for the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

Trail Map:

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting. So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
#3 ·
Trying to be optimistic, so I'll say now that the wife and I are planning to be there. We'll be moving first week of February, finding new jobs, etc....so it will be a real stretch, but it's on our calendar. Looking forward to it!
-J 8)

#4 ·

I BOOKED IT, DANNO!

Arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday. Of course, we like the cushy life, so it's the cabin for us.

#7 ·
I am a stong maybe. Need to check the work schedule in the next week or two. It would be great to meet some of the Planet folks who are just as geeked out over these great vehicles as I am.

#8 ·
poprivetj1 said:
I am a stong maybe. Need to check the work schedule in the next week or two. It would be great to meet some of the Planet folks who are just as geeked out over these great vehicles as I am.
It would be great if you could make it! :thumbup:

I just booked Site 12, my plan at this stage is to get there late Wednesday (4/22) and stay through about noon on Sunday (4/26).

Shaggy

#9 ·
I'm hoping to make the event in the fall, wish everybody the best with little breakdowns.

#11 ·
Van said:
Call me crazy, but I sorta like the idea of waking up to the sound of 2 Isuzu diesel engines on an April morning out in the campground (if Wayne and poprivetj1 both show up). :drunken:
:roll: OK, Mr. Crazy. But, personally I like quiet. :eek:ccasion5:

#15 ·
Took the Trooper up Poor Mt. Just 5 miles from the house. I went a little too hard over a washed out section on a switchback and bounced the front end pretty good.
got on top of the mountain and on the blacktop and unlooked the hubs and back in 2wd. On the way back down i noticed the truck pulled a little to the right under hard braking coming down US 221 with a mechanical clunk. took the wheels off today in the hangar and it looks like the right wheel upper contol arm bushings sacrificed themselves to the Off-Road Gods. I'm glad I have a bearing press here at the hangar. I know what I'll be doing this weekend :roll: But it was a great little 1 hour outing!

But here is a senic view pic from yesterday.
Call it Spring Training for Uwharrie :idea:

Attachments

#16 ·
Call me a "maybe" Too many things seem to have come up on the past few trips so I'll try harder to keep out the distractions.

Ernie

#17 ·
We are going to try to make it again this spring. We sure had fun last year. Lots of projects going on at the moment. My plan was to have home built rock sliders and springs installed before this trip but that's not happening now. LOL

#18 ·
I'm a maybe, gotta talk my wife into it. Hope to have the Meego, trail ready by then.

#21 ·
I'm hoping to make this one. New goal is to drive the Spacecab down. With luck I can have it back together by then. Put me down as a yes.

#22 ·
I hope to make it to meet some of you guys. I live only about 1-1/2 hours away. Got it on calendar. Be a shame to miss the opportunity.

#23 ·
I'll be a big ole maybe. If I can get the rodeo legal by then, it might be a good shake down run. No trail riding for me though. I'll have to see how my wife's schedule works out that weekend, and decide how much I want to tent-out.

#24 ·
wish i could make the pilgrimage out there from Arizona but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. .. i will be looking forward to the fall event.

#25 ·
This will be the last Isuzu event that Janet be will hosting. She is moving to Maine. Everyone be sure to say good bye and thank her for all the help she has given us over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.