Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2014 Hallowharrie 2nd Weekend in November (6, 7, 8, 9)

33K views 121 replies 25 participants last post by  SAS 
#1 ·
The poll is closed and this year the Fall run will take place during the second weekend in Nov.

Hack reserved site 40 from Wed 11/05 through Sun 11/9.
Jerry reserved site 32 from Thurs 11/06 through Sun 11/9.
Chitzu reserved site 45.
Van reserved site 30 from Wed 11/05 through Sun 11/9.
shaggydoink reserved site 17 from Thurs 11/6 through Sun 11/9.
Slainer reserved site 18.
TomSuddard reserved site 50.
btw1549 reserved site 19 from Thurs 11/6 through Sun 11/9.
wmorrisiii from Fri 11/7 through Sun 11/9.
mckenziedg, Ditchdoc, JP and JoeD reserved site 27.
Ssiggy and Carolyn Fri 11/7 & Sat 11/8
FTen reserved Site 29 from Fri 11/7 through Sun 11/9.
Loenzo8 ????
Bansil and Lisa from Thurs 11/6 through Sun 11/9.
Ekholm1997 reserved Site 46 from Fri 11/7 through Sun 11/9.

News, Information, and Updates:

CAMPING:

Link to the Arrowhead campground website.

DIRECTIONS:

Google Maps for the Eldorado Outpost - Located just outside of the trails.

Trail Map:
This map may not be the most up to date, Kodak will probably still be closed. :(

THINGS TO BRING:

You must have a trail pass. An annual pass is $30. A day pass is $5 per day. Trail passes can be purchased at the Outpost.

With the event taking place in Nov., it will likely get cold at night, so warm clothes and a good sleeping bag are a must. I usually bring a propane or electric heater like my Little Buddy. Fire wood is always appreciated.

It often rains at least one day during the event. So rain gear and tarps are recommended.

It is a good idea to bring a tool kit and some trail spares, as I can tell you from experience that sh_t happens on the trails. We tend to help one another out so if everybody brings something, we usually have everything covered and there is an auto parts store in Troy.

FOOD AND SUPPLIES:

This tends to be a very informal event. People come and go as they please; some preferring to hang out at camp or go fishing instead of trail riding. With the Flintlock Range now open, some will also go shooting. So bring enough food and drink to last the entire event. Food, drink and ice are available at the Outpost or in Troy. The Outpost also has a good breakfast for around $5. Usually there is a group dinner on Friday. If the weather is bad on Sat, we sometimes go into town and have dinner at Zeno's.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
As always, this will be a completely un-sponsored and unofficial event ... No clubs or organizations will be overseeing the activities. This is simply going to be a bunch of friends and online acquaintances getting together for a weekend of fun, good food, and lots of off-road amusement.

ALL attendees will be utterly and solely responsible for themselves and the guests within their individual group(s) (including all vehicles and equipment), and shall be expected to abide by the laws, rules, and policies set-down by our true hosts, the United States Forestry Service and the people of the great state of North Carolina.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweet! Time to get the plan together to get the Trooper Ready!

#4 ·
Just bought a house, so I am tentative on this. Really want to make it since it's been awhile, but it's a 8hr drive.

Might come crash someone's campsite :D

#8 ·
I've been out of the loop for a bit but, I'm BACK now.
I will have to be tenative on this trip for now. Need tires on my rig and not sure if I can swing it at the moment. :(
Really needing some R&R at this point. Hopefully I can make it happen in time! :mrgreen:

#9 ·
Ekholm1997 said:
Need tires on my rig and not sure if I can swing it at the moment. :(
Really needing some R&R at this point. Hopefully I can make it happen in time! :mrgreen:
Being so close, you can always come for the R&R even without the new tires. We plan to spend some time at the range and you can always ride shotgun with someone when we hit the trails. Besides, just hanging out at camp is relaxing.

#10 ·
This is true Mario! I do have a sweet .45 Colt that I inherited from my Dad that I have been dieing to run some rounds through.... Only problem is that my two boys usually do that trip with me and I would hate to leave them behind or trouble anyone with having to tote three of us fools around! :shock:
We'll see how the next few weeks go, maybe I will be able to swing it.

#12 ·
2x. Hope you can work it out. The back seat in my Amigo is folded up and blocked or I'd volunteer at least a couple of rides.

#14 ·
Van said:
Ekholm1997 said:
Only problem is that my two boys usually do that trip with me and I would hate to leave them behind or trouble anyone with having to tote three of us fools around! :shock:
My flatbed doesn't have any seat belts in it... but that just adds to the excitement. :lol: :lol:
We can always strap the boys on top of the bed and take them up Daniel. Just make sure their mom never sees the pics. :roll:

#15 ·
Van said:
Ekholm1997 said:
Only problem is that my two boys usually do that trip with me and I would hate to leave them behind or trouble anyone with having to tote three of us fools around! :shock:
My flatbed doesn't have any seat belts in it... but that just adds to the excitement. :lol: :lol:
Just to clarify, I, (nor I'm sure Hack), would ever put your kids in any danger... now you on the other hand. :lol:

#17 ·
Van said:
Just to clarify, I, (nor I'm sure Hack), would ever put your kids in any danger... now you on the other hand. :lol:
Now that I think about it, strapping anyone to Van's truck is probably not a good idea. You have to be free to float away. For those who do not understand (or who need a reminder), see this video. :lol:

#18 ·
Hack said:
Van said:
Now that I think about it, strapping anyone to Van's truck is probably not a good idea. You have to be free to float away. For those who do not understand (or who need a reminder), see this video. :lol:
Hey, I'll have you note that even though the interior was a swamp, (which has since been cleaned), the bed did not get wet whatsoever... ask Doug. :lol:

#19 ·
Van said:
Hey, I'll have you note that even though the interior was a swamp, (which has since been cleaned), the bed did not get wet whatsoever... ask Doug. :lol:
So are you saying that it may actually be safer, or at least dryer, on the bed than in the cab?

#20 ·
I can't let my boys see this thread... They would probably WANT to ride on the flatbed!!! :shock: Especially, since Van decided to "purify himself in the waters of Lake Minnitonka". (Purple Rain reference)
Looks, like I may be able to make this happen after all, still working on a couple of deals but we'll see. My 17 year old Nephew is wanting to tag along too, glad I have a BIG tent! That boy is 6'5'' and wears a size 18 sneeker...

#21 ·
Ekholm1997 said:
I can't let my boys see this thread... They would probably WANT to ride on the flatbed!!! :shock: Especially, since Van decided to "purify himself in the waters of Lake Minnitonka". (Purple Rain reference)
Yea. The boys would have a great time in the mud hole, but you would be in so much trouble when word got back to their mother. Ouch! :lol:
Ekholm1997 said:
My 17 year old Nephew is wanting to tag along too, glad I have a BIG tent! That boy is 6'5'' and wears a size 18 sneeker...
Bring your nephew, but let me know if you want to borrow another tent. No need to be cramped.

#25 ·
#19 booked for 11/6-11/9!! See you all there!

Anyone from up north heading down Thursday afternoon?

#26 ·
well this will be by birthday weekend, couldn't think of a better way to spend it!

we'll be at #27

Reactions: Ditchdoc
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.