Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Clean Up @ Uwharrie (March 22, 2014)

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ruination 
#1 ·
This past Saturday I spent the day at Uwharrie with a crew cleaning up trash along some trails and service roads. While our group got a lot, I've been obsessing over the amount that we did NOT get... as such, I'm going to bag a planned trip to Pisgah National Forest and head back out with some trash bags and whatever crew I can gather to clean up as much as possible before the opening weekend (March 29). I'm shooting to leave work at noon on Friday and get to the park around 2pm, put in a couple hours, spend the night at Arrowhead Campground then spend the majority of Saturday... if anyone is interest in helping out it would be greatly appreciated!

Shaggy

#2 ·
This "simple trip" turned into quite an adventure! The freshly salvaged Amigo made the two hour trek without completely exploding, here's a glamour shot of it taking a short break at the Outpost:

Saturday morning we saddled up, Spencer was the primary wheel man and Zoe was our primary spotter:

We all jumped in and out of the truck picking up what turned out to be a horrific amount of trash, this is what we got *just* on FSR 555 and the Cotton Place trailhead:

The Amigo unfortunately had an electrical meltdown which cut our efforts short, although we still managed to get a total of 10 bags of bottles/cans, a garden hose, a tire, a gas grill, a fuel tank and the top of a weed whacker so while we didn't get everything I had planned for we at least made a good dent:

Because of the Amigo we stayed over until Sunday, drove back to Raleigh, then back out to Uwharrie to drag the poor thing back home:

The gory details of the electrical issues will be on the Amigo build thread if anyone is interested. ;)

Shaggy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.