Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Isuzuwharrie 2014 ~ April 10th-13th?

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TonkaToy 
#1 ·
Seeing the 3rd weekend of April is Easter which would alienate a lot of families, and opening weekend is last weekend of March/1st weekend of April depending on Deborah Walker's decision the 10th-13th is a happy place in the middle. I haven't been active over the last year so I won't right this in stone, but unless anyone has an objections I vote to go ahead and put it on the calendar.

#6 ·
I'm cool with any date. Let's just try to get everyone there on the same weekend,

#7 ·
Ssignature said:
I'm cool with any date. Let's just try to get everyone there on the same weekend,
This is why I posted this up, beyond the fact I plan on having the Raider running for the 2014 wheeling season after a 1-2 year absence.

CROC is doing the Uwharrie Safari that weekend, we have dealt with them before so it would be nothing new. Just have to stay off Falls Dam when they do their "bunny run" aka traffic jam. :roll:

#8 ·
Yeah I would stay away from the Landrover guys its just gets too busy. thats also so close to the opening weekend its a lot of trips to URE for some of us.

#9 ·
2004: (5th weekend)

2005: (3rd weekend)

2006: (2nd weekend)

2007:
April 11th-16th (no image) - 3rd weekend

2008:
April 17th-20th (no image) - 3rd weekend

2009:
April 22nd-26th (no image) - 4th weekend

2010: (2nd weekend)

2011:
April 13th-17th (no image) - 3rd weekend

2012:
April 19th-22nd (image too big) - 3rd weekend

2013:
April 18th-21st (no image) - 3rd weekend

There seems to be a pattern emerging that the trip always falls after Easter. So..

1st Weekend - Close to or opening weekend
2nd Weekend - CROC Land Rover Uwharrie Safari
3rd Weekend - Easter Weekend
4th Weekend - OPEN

So I guess that means scratch the 10th-13th and go for the 4th weekend.

#10 ·
Sounds good to me. I remember the traffic headaches the last time we were sharing the trails with the Rover guys. Most were ok, but some were complete pretentious dicks. I would rather set our weekend later and avoid all that mess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.